2013 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 11:35 AM)
Oh man, that show is fantastic. Regardless of how accurate or not it is with the period setting (I have no idea, since I wasn't alive then), it's a well-written and acted show. Too bad it was only on for one season.

Watched Freaks & Geeks on Netflix streaming. Loved it.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 04:39 PM)
We all know that Keri Russel isnt getting naked on FX, Id rather just cut to a commercial than watch some clothes on clothes grinding.

I'd bet censor rules gradually relax, and within roughly 15 or so years, you will probably see boobies on FX/AMC.

Sad to see 30 Rock go. One of the more underappreciated comedies in recent memory. It had fantastic and intelligent writing, a great cast and won several awards but never seemed to really take off in terms of popularity. Didn't think it was the best finale possible, but I'll remember it as being one of the favorite sitcoms of the recent past

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Feb 1, 2013 -> 09:01 AM)
Sad to see 30 Rock go. One of the more underappreciated comedies in recent memory. It had fantastic and intelligent writing, a great cast and won several awards but never seemed to really take off in terms of popularity. Didn't think it was the best finale possible, but I'll remember it as being one of the favorite sitcoms of the recent past

It needed to go...show wasn't all that great the last few seasons...it's like they were phoned in because they were out of ideas.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Feb 1, 2013 -> 09:06 AM)
It needed to go...show wasn't all that great the last few seasons...it's like they were phoned in because they were out of ideas.

I agree with this - we dropped 30 Rock about 3 seasons ago as it was just lather, rinse, repeat character storylines. It just got bad.

I thought the first Michael Scott-less season of The Office was great, but I really don't know what the f*** they're doing this year. I've laughed some, but it has so far been a really unsatisfying final season. I suppose some of it is necessary work (Jim leaving) to close up the show, but what the f*** are they doing with Andy? It's asinine.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 1, 2013 -> 10:37 AM)
That+Undeclared are under the radar smash hits.

Agreed.

After about season 3 of 30 rock, that show just went downhill. There were too many better comedies out there to bother continuing with 30 rock.

QUOTE (Jake @ Feb 1, 2013 -> 10:48 AM)
I thought the first Michael Scott-less season of The Office was great, but I really don't know what the f*** they're doing this year. I've laughed some, but it has so far been a really unsatisfying final season. I suppose some of it is necessary work (Jim leaving) to close up the show, but what the f*** are they doing with Andy? It's asinine.

I think this season has actually been hilarious - while I'd dropped it previously. I actually wish they'd stay around now that it's funny again. Andy is out on some boat I'd guess because Ed Helms is really busy in real life.

They should kill Pam off, though, what a whiny b****.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Feb 1, 2013 -> 10:48 AM)
Agreed.

After about season 3 of 30 rock, that show just went downhill. There were too many better comedies out there to bother continuing with 30 rock.

See I think 30 Rock stayed great, but the jokes were more subtle wording at times. You really had to listen to what they said to get alot of them. It was clear Tina ran out of material at the end though.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 1, 2013 -> 10:59 AM)
See I think 30 Rock stayed great, but the jokes were more subtle wording at times. You really had to listen to what they said to get alot of them. It was clear Tina ran out of material at the end though.

I'm with you. Some people may have gotten tired of the same tone and pace, like i have with Modern Family, but I thought it stayed fresh.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 05:30 PM)
I'd bet censor rules gradually relax, and within roughly 15 or so years, you will probably see boobies on FX/AMC.

Cable channels could show nudity now if they wanted. The censors can't regulate it because it's "pay" tv. The reason that they don't is because they know they will lose too many sponsors.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 1, 2013 -> 05:59 PM)
I think this season has actually been hilarious - while I'd dropped it previously. I actually wish they'd stay around now that it's funny again. Andy is out on some boat I'd guess because Ed Helms is really busy in real life.

They should kill Pam off, though, what a whiny b****.

I hate this 'Brian' storyline. The idea that a crew would film a paper company made (some) sense in season 1, when it was all about the actual office.

But gradually, it has become more and more absurd. Generally, you can just put it out of your mind. But now they're shoving that absurdity in our faces.