2013 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 11, 2013 -> 06:34 AM)
By "there" i believe you mean "girl penis". Yup.

It was one of the funnier episodes in a long time. Frank calling Jody the grand poobah of depravity was hilarious

Yuuup. I assume she's a boy that was being raised as a girl, or is "girl penis" a real condition.

And I knew when the cute red headed counselar showed up, we'd see her boobs at some point.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 11, 2013 -> 06:36 AM)
Yuuup. I assume she's a boy that was being raised as a girl, or is "girl penis" a real condition.

And I knew when the cute red headed counselar showed up, we'd see her boobs at some point.

Carl was the man in this episode

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 11, 2013 -> 06:42 AM)
About time they did something with that kid. He has just been there the entire series, it seems.

My favorite line of the show was when Jimmy and his dad are walking and they stop at the Gallagher house, and Jimmys dad says "Are you stopping for some crack?"

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Feb 11, 2013 -> 07:46 AM)
Andrea is so annoying in the show.

She is. You know, there is something that was bugging me last night. They said the baby was a week old, which means its been what, 2-3 weeks since Herschel lost his leg? I have no problem suspending a tremendous amount of disbelief, but come on now. Stretch out the timeline a little bit here

The Walking Dead should just be called The Endless Discussion. Christ all they do is talk. 5 minutes of fun action, and then talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk OMG stop talking. That was a pretty terrible way to start the 2nd half of the season IMO.

Merle was funny though. And I liked the idea that Daryl left. Should make for some fun interactions between the two brothers. I hated Rick seeing the ghost in front of the whole group though. That's going to make it really difficult to believe that they still trust him to be their leader if he's becoming crazy right in front of there eyes.

Also, are Carol and White Prisoner #2 going to get it on?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 8, 2013 -> 11:18 AM)
I enjoyed the premiere but was let down by the second episode. They needed to do a better job explaining why the leads were so pro-communist and anti-american to start. I feel like they did the opposite - they established that both had s***ty lives at home, became spies, live nicely in America but still want to bring death to democracy and capitalism. How does that make sense?

Also, when you start the show with one of these people openly questioning whether to defect, their undercover missions become less important and the audience loses interest. Why do I care what they're doing when one of them doesn't really care? Why are they risking it all? And then Keri Russell's character at the end of this episode basically said the same thing as her husband in the first episode - yeah, i love my kids, maybe this isn't worth it. Hey daughter, let's get your ear pierced like these other American girls!

So neither really believes in what they're doing anymore, they both are accepting of American values, and yet we're supposed to believe that they'll risk their lives for these crazy spy missions? Meh. They lost me.

(and that's ignoring the really convenient FBI agent neighbor storyline)

I think it's pretty clear that the husband is struggling with that very notion himself.

You have to put yourself in their shoes a bit more...most of us are a bit young to really understand what the Cold War was like (I was in 7th grade when the Berlin Wall came down). But that s*** was for realz, yo...you grew up hating the other, and had some pretty intense pride in your own country. It wasn't wishy washy and you probably wouldn't abandon your patriotism for your own country just because you could live comfortably in the other country as a spy. I think they do a pretty good job of showing the US wasn't always just "the good guys" either.

As for Russell's character, I don't think she pierced her daughter's ears because that's what the American girls are doing. I think she was trying to appreciate the time she has with her children now, because she senses s*** is about to get crazy. She pointed out that her own mother pierced her ears when she was her daughter's age, and seemed touched that her daughter was willing to continue that tradition as well rather than engage in the new American tradition of going to the mall to get it done.

I really think the show is well done. I think the writing is solid, the performances are outstanding, the two episodes have been both action-packed but also revealing. I did get a bit annoyed when I saw a guy wearing some baggy carpenter's jeans in one of the mall scenes though :)

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 11, 2013 -> 09:22 AM)
The Walking Dead should just be called The Endless Discussion. Christ all they do is talk. 5 minutes of fun action, and then talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk OMG stop talking. That was a pretty terrible way to start the 2nd half of the season IMO.

Merle was funny though. And I liked the idea that Daryl left. Should make for some fun interactions between the two brothers. I hated Rick seeing the ghost in front of the whole group though. That's going to make it really difficult to believe that they still trust him to be their leader if he's becoming crazy right in front of there eyes.

Also, are Carol and White Prisoner #2 going to get it on?

THey might. Hopefully they talk about it for a while

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 11, 2013 -> 10:53 AM)
Last night's "Girls" was the least believable 30 minutes of television ever.

I had conflicting feelings. I thought the episode, in the context of the rest of the series, was terrible. That said, I thought Dunham's performance in it was her best yet.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 11, 2013 -> 10:12 PM)
Two Mike Tyson sightings in one week! Law & Order:SVU last week & HIMYM tonight.

How does someone that is as hot as Abby Elliott come from someone who looks like Chris Elliott?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 13, 2013 -> 12:19 PM)
Join the hate-watch group!

I have way too much on my plate to hate watch television.

I'm seeing no development in the characters and bad acting - so I'm just over it. Rick's an insufferable prick, for some reason Darryl thought that the group should forgive his brother for getting a member molested and nearly raped and another beaten and both almost killed.

I've seen enough zombies, there's no shock and excitement on the show anymore - just characters acting stupidly.

So I'm done.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Feb 13, 2013 -> 03:39 PM)
Read the graphic novels, the 2nd compendium is out now so it's cheap to read them.

I don't miss the show at all because I got great entertainment out of the graphic novels.

...or I could illegally download them for free and throw them on my tablet.