2013 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 04:25 PM)
Without giving massive spoilers its probably just better to not try and explain. Im pretty sure where you are at right now its not 100% clear what is going on.

Just finished first ep of Season 2. I'll be more patient.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 07:24 AM)
Anyone watch Rectify? I DVRd it

I DVR'd and watched the 2 hr premiere that Sundance played Monday night. I really liked it. It was a little slow moving, but I like that type of show. I don't think it will be a huge ratings hit, but I could really see it developing a solid core, cult type following.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Apr 25, 2013 -> 07:43 AM)
I DVR'd and watched the 2 hr premiere that Sundance played Monday night. I really liked it. It was a little slow moving, but I like that type of show. I don't think it will be a huge ratings hit, but I could really see it developing a solid core, cult type following.

It had its moments. Maybe easier to watch just an hour a week rather then 2. I liked it enough to keep watching.

Anyone watch Copper? I contemplated watching it last summer, but I didn't know what it was about, the name made me think it was some British crime show. But after seeing previews for S2, I looked into it and found out its set around the same time and place as Gangs of New York. 1864 at the Five Point neighborhood in New York. Obviously Gangs of New York was a bad ass movie, so I've decided to give Copper a try.

Just finished the pilot. I like it. I'm having a little trouble remembering who is who, but I'll get there. And some of the accents are a little fast, but I think I've heard all the major lines.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 28, 2013 -> 10:55 PM)
I like GOT but sometimes I think I need subtitles and I am lost a good amount of the time.

The accents can be a bit thick, but if you rewatch the episode you should be able to get all of it. I thought Jamie's retelling of killing Aegon was spot on, terrific acting job.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 29, 2013 -> 08:46 AM)
The accents can be a bit thick, but if you rewatch the episode you should be able to get all of it. I thought Jamie's retelling of killing Aegon was spot on, terrific acting job.

It was fantastic. For those who havent read the books yet this season is about to get f***ing real.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 29, 2013 -> 09:46 AM)

Yeah, I'm going to be interested in seeing how his character continues to play out and see if tv-only viewers come away with the same thoughts about him I did after reading the book.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 29, 2013 -> 03:27 PM)
I wish this was the final season of Mad Men. Only sticking with it to see how it ends next year, and I'm sure ill be disappointed.

Just started back up last weekend made it through the first two seasons. Hoping I get bored before the show makes a downturn.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 09:58 AM)
AND A COMPLETE DICK

His finest quality. I loved the look on Cersei's face when he dropped the hammer on her and told her she was marrying Lorys whether she liked it or not