2013 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 06:56 PM)
I don't think they had a choice.

If they didn't deal with Brody, next year would have been awful. I thought the finale was good, but I do find it difficult to believe that a CIA agent who defied her orders so many times (literally being shot at one point) and acted out of love to the world's most wanted terrorist instead of her country, would be handed the keys to a major region by a new CIA director who earlier this season wanted to ruin her career. That, and i'm not sure i'm going to buy that now that Brody is gone she'll put her country back on the top of the list of her priorities (which was her driving force in season 1 and then completely forgotten because of her love of Brody).

I really hope they can do a believable reboot next year. Get back to Carrie, Sal and the fringe characters solving some crazy terrorist plot. Leave the awful love stuff out of it.

Yeah, I agree with the stuff about Andrew all the sudden giving Carrie this sweet offer. I am thinking he either has sinister plans for her, or maybe he actually had something to do with the Langley bombing (he seems to have gained the most from it), so he is trying to get her out of the country, and he knows he can do that by "promoting" her.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 23, 2013 -> 09:25 AM)
Haven't we seen that a billion times now? Not funny anymore.

Timberlake's impression of him was pretty good though.

It cracks me up when done at the appropriate time, i.e., when whatever is happening is hilarious as hell and you can't fault the guy for breaking. Timberlake's impression of Fallon was spot on and it caused Fallon to break. Will Ferrell's old prospector bit was the same. The audience feels in on it because they're laughing for the same reason.

It's bad when a guy like Horatio Sanz would just start laughing and break for no reason. That becomes more of an inside joke that the audience isn't in on.

I finally got caught up with Sons of Anarchy. I've always thought the show was good, but this season was by far the best. Because I was so far behind, I knew a few things that were going to happen. You can hardly go onto the internet and not see spoilers. But, there were still a few moments I didn't see coming. The end of the season finale was so brutal. Next season should be interesting.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 23, 2013 -> 09:32 AM)
It cracks me up when done at the appropriate time, i.e., when whatever is happening is hilarious as hell and you can't fault the guy for breaking. Timberlake's impression of Fallon was spot on and it caused Fallon to break. Will Ferrell's old prospector bit was the same. The audience feels in on it because they're laughing for the same reason.

Agreed. It especially worked because the bit was an impersonation of him.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 23, 2013 -> 09:22 AM)
I about died with Fallon broke character during the Family Feud bit.

Oh yeah, I find it hilarious when those guys can't keep straight faces. Like when Bill Hader was doing his Weekend Update skit as "Devon" or something, and him and Seth Meyers couldn't hold it together.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 23, 2013 -> 02:24 PM)
Oh yeah, I find it hilarious when those guys can't keep straight faces. Like when Bill Hader was doing his Weekend Update skit as "Devon" or something, and him and Seth Meyers couldn't hold it together.

To me, Fallon goes in to the skit with the intention of breaking up.

Hader probably did too, but when the Stefan character used to read off the club features, Hader was reading some of them for the first time because the writers would make changes at the last minute just to break him up.

Edited by flavum

Breaking Bad marathon until the end of the year. Got filthy drunk at a party lasted night, and the party ended with everyone passed out watching the BrBa marathon. Woke up hungover, watched a few more episodes, ate some greasy food, and am now continuing to watch the marathon. This show will never get old. I've now seen the first couple seasons at least 7 times.