2013 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 18, 2013 -> 06:08 AM)
Did someone big die? Seems that is the only way that show gets a reaction.

Yes, everyone died and they are all zombies now. Zombie Rick and Zombie Andrea got married and their wedding cake was made from the parts of Carl, Glenn, and Maggie. Hershel ate his other leg. Shane came back only to be killed again, this time by Zombie Daryl.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Feb 18, 2013 -> 07:08 AM)
Yes, everyone died and they are all zombies now. Zombie Rick and Zombie Andrea got married and their wedding cake was made from the parts of Carl, Glenn, and Maggie. Hershel ate his other leg. Shane came back only to be killed again, this time by Zombie Daryl.

And they all talked about it throughout the episode.

The last scene was startling and awesome.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Feb 18, 2013 -> 07:08 AM)

That totally should be the finale.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 18, 2013 -> 08:34 PM)
Just watched the Downton finale.

What. The. f***.

I was so pissed, and then

I read that the moron actor who plays Matthew left the show and refused to return for even a few episodes, so they had to kill him off.

weak sauce.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 18, 2013 -> 09:41 PM)
I was so pissed, and then

I read that the moron actor who plays Matthew left the show and refused to return for even a few episodes, so they had to kill him off.

weak sauce.

Yeah, I just read a Julian Fellowes interview and he said that dude that plays Matthew wouldn't even come back for one episode in season 4. That's when he intended to kill him off, with this finale of season 3 to end with their baby. That would have been much better IMO.

Even still, they knew this guy wasn't coming back, so unlike Sybil, his death was just ludicrous. "I'm the happiest man in the world, i'm taking a 3 minute drive to Downton, i'm just going to look at the sky!" Terrible.

The whole episode was a mess. Really though, this whole season was boring except for a few bits and pieces here and there - Mrs. Hughes' cancer scare, Sybil's death, Lord Grantham's financial ruin/Matthew saving the day, and Tom Branson's 'recovery' story (probably the best). But there was so many awful parts too - Matthews weird resistance to accepting that money to save Downton/the family (and the convenient existence of that money itself), the whole Ethel storyline (wait, she's excited about a man her family doesn't approve of? That's new!), the Bates jail storylines, the whole new maids/footman flirt storyline, and the Jimmy/Thomas assault (ok, he's gay, that's fine. Why make him into a big creeper? He was a smart, devious little snake the first couple of seasons, but no one thought he was mentally unstable. In the end after the threat of ruin and possibly jail he's going to follow Jimmy around to, apparently, seduce Jimmy while he was drunk and vulnerable? What?)

The camera work/sets/costumes and all that are still top notch. But the writing really took a dive this season. Hopefully he can turn it around next season.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Feb 20, 2013 -> 11:02 AM)
Monday Mornings on TNT is pretty good so far. A typical David E. Kelly show, except in a hospital instead of a courtroom.

Read the ratings are brutal and won't last much longer.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 20, 2013 -> 08:39 AM)
All season.

Hope they keep that Jackie girl around. Not bad to look at.

Was that the name of the poker player/grifter Raylan was babysitting all episode?

Great episode. Didn't see the stuff with the Harlan elite talking down to Boyd coming. That could get real, real interesting.

Was it discussed in here that Hanks and Spielberg are going to be producing a 3rd series for HBO set in WWII? This one is going to be focused on the air war against Germany. I'm looking forward to this already as Band of Brothers is probably my favorite series/show that has ever been on TV and The Pacific was also fantastic.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 21, 2013 -> 12:32 AM)
Was it discussed in here that Hanks and Spielberg are going to be producing a 3rd series for HBO set in WWII? This one is going to be focused on the air war against Germany. I'm looking forward to this already as Band of Brothers is probably my favorite series/show that has ever been on TV and The Pacific was also fantastic.

I hadn't seen that. I'd be stoked for a new mini-series. BoB and The Pacific are amazing.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 21, 2013 -> 01:32 AM)

Cool. I certainly won't complain about them continuing to feed at that trough.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 20, 2013 -> 10:32 PM)

This is awesome. I own very few dvds, and own both sets (Pacific/BOB)

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 21, 2013 -> 12:32 AM)

My father in law will s*** his pants. He's obsessed with WW2 air combat.