2013 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 11, 2013 -> 08:17 AM)
I made the switch to DirecTV. They come to install between 12-4 on Sunday. I'm keeping Comcast for internet, though.

The Genie whole-home DVR lured me in (that and saving $600 in 2013 and $200 in 2014).

I've had it for almost 2 years now and think it's a lot better than cable (though I only had Comcast one year several years ago, and then was stuck with RCN for a while). Certainly the price is better, but also the amount of HD channels. Make sure to download the DirecTV app on your tablet/smartphone. You can watch live tv if you're on the same network as your receiver. They seem to be adding more and more channels on there every month. They also have their ondemand available from anywhere which is nice.

My only complaint is that every other channel is a bulls*** shopping network. Southpark did a spoof on one of those that I didn't get at all until I stumbled upon the channel late one night. I don't understand how that stuff gets aired, let alone an entire network devoted to it.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 11, 2013 -> 04:13 PM)
My only complaint is that every other channel is a bulls*** shopping network. Southpark did a spoof on one of those that I didn't get at all until I stumbled upon the channel late one night. I don't understand how that stuff gets aired, let alone an entire network devoted to it.

Dude, you can Show/Hide channels with the favorites list.

Shopping channels, religious channels, awful music channels, PPV channels, goodbye.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jan 11, 2013 -> 09:16 AM)

Shopping channels, religious channels, awful music channels, PPV channels, goodbye.

I normally just have it on the "HD only channels" list, but every once and a while I'll go back to check out whats on H2 (I still don't get why that's not in HD even though they try to show HD programs). But yeah, I probably should just do the favorites thing.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 11, 2013 -> 08:17 AM)
I made the switch to DirecTV. They come to install between 12-4 on Sunday. I'm keeping Comcast for internet, though.

The Genie whole-home DVR lured me in (that and saving $600 in 2013 and $200 in 2014).

Make sure you call comcast and tell them about that pricing though. My bill just went from 235 to 145 in one call.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jan 11, 2013 -> 07:16 AM)

I can't stress enough how useful this is. When setting it up, it'll take a few minutes to sift through channels that you may actually watch on occasion but it's much better than having an endless list of garbage.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 11, 2013 -> 10:08 AM)
For now. They all try to screw you some way eventually.

I've had DirecTv for over a decade and have never felt like they were trying to screw me over somehow. They're customer service is outstanding and they go out of their way to alleviate any issues you may have.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 11, 2013 -> 01:13 PM)
I've had DirecTv for over a decade and have never felt like they were trying to screw me over somehow. They're customer service is outstanding and they go out of their way to alleviate any issues you may have.

I can't stand their automated call system. It's literally the worst one I've ever dealt with. It can't understand a word I say.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 11, 2013 -> 02:06 PM)
Stop calling with a mouth full of marbles.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 11, 2013 -> 02:07 PM)
yes..."marbles"...

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 11, 2013 -> 02:09 PM)
staregonk.gif

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 11, 2013 -> 04:39 PM)
Well played!

dafuq-did-i-just-read-meme.jpg

QUOTE (juddling @ Jan 12, 2013 -> 08:01 AM)
Just a couple episodes (shown back to back next week) of Fringe left. Damn shame John Noble never received any awards for his portrayal of Walter Bishop.......

I agree. His portayal as the two Walter Bishops from the different timelines was great. Two totally different characters.

I loved the first episode of Shameless, Frank mysteriously ending up in Mexico on a 130 day binge was hilarious. And his method of getting back was even more hilarious. "19!"

Did anyone notice the odd filming of certain scenes, some random camera angles and zoom ins, shaky camera work? It kind of threw me off.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 14, 2013 -> 06:11 AM)
I loved the first episode of Shameless, Frank mysteriously ending up in Mexico on a 130 day binge was hilarious. And his method of getting back was even more hilarious. "19!"

Did anyone notice the odd filming of certain scenes, some random camera angles and zoom ins, shaky camera work? It kind of threw me off.

Yes! I thought it was just me. The jump cuts were annoying as well. The little scene during the credits was good. "Thank you, Sheila!"