2013 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 07:56 AM)
I watched them, and it was OK. I am way more into Vikings.

My grandmother got really confused by the transition from the Bible straight into Vikings one night. She has a hard time seeing so the costumes weren't a dead giveaway, lol

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 07:59 AM)
My grandmother got really confused by the transition from the Bible straight into Vikings one night. She has a hard time seeing so the costumes weren't a dead giveaway, lol

"I don't remember Ragnar being at the crucifixion..."

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 07:35 AM)
I hated that Jimmy's fate was basically not touched upon at all. And I'm also worried the show might be losing characters. I haven't seen or heard anything but with Ian, Lip, Jody/Karen all leaving Michigan it sets up an exit plan for them.

I think we're supposed to read between the lines. Jimmy's dead.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 01:18 PM)
I think we're supposed to read between the lines. Jimmy's dead.

Yeah, I wasn't sure, but then that last scene with Fiona made it clear they have no plans to bring him back. Anyways, great finale. Although it felt closer to a series finale. I had to check to make sure it was renewed.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 08:28 AM)
Yeah, I wasn't sure, but then that last scene with Fiona made it clear they have no plans to bring him back. Anyways, great finale. Although it felt closer to a series finale. I had to check to make sure it was renewed.

I felt the same way, and it seems a lot of people felt it was a series finale. I knew it'd been renewed, but it seemed to cleanly wrap up a lot of storylines.

Of course, with a bigger budget due to the fact that so many people love the show, it makes some sense that the show will expand even further beyond Chicagoland. There's so many writing opportunities (Ian likely getting kicked out of the Army, Lip "integrating" with regular people at MIT - they thankfully wrapped up Karen/Jody/baby storlyine. Be gone with anything Karen. We're set up for some solid office politics (and likely a romance with the funny boss). Kevin and V with a kid and hopefully the awkwardness of mom hanging around... will Frank clean himself up?

Lots of good stuff.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 08:38 AM)
I felt the same way, and it seems a lot of people felt it was a series finale. I knew it'd been renewed, but it seemed to cleanly wrap up a lot of storylines.

Of course, with a bigger budget due to the fact that so many people love the show, it makes some sense that the show will expand even further beyond Chicagoland. There's so many writing opportunities (Ian likely getting kicked out of the Army, Lip "integrating" with regular people at MIT - they thankfully wrapped up Karen/Jody/baby storlyine. Be gone with anything Karen. We're set up for some solid office politics (and likely a romance with the funny boss). Kevin and V with a kid and hopefully the awkwardness of mom hanging around... will Frank clean himself up?

Lots of good stuff.

Totally agree, that was the best season finale on the best season of the show so far. My wife and I were mad that they didn't say anything about Jimmy, and I get that the writers probably wanted to keep their options open going forward, but the more I think about it the more it's pretty obvious he's gone. I think we're used to major characters getting a "send off" when they die.

Though it wouldn't surprise me if he comes back late next season or in later seasons. That makes the most sense for Fiona - move on, get in a good, new relationship, and then have Jimmy come back and screw it all up.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 09:45 AM)
Totally agree, that was the best season finale on the best season of the show so far. My wife and I were mad that they didn't say anything about Jimmy, and I get that the writers probably wanted to keep their options open going forward, but the more I think about it the more it's pretty obvious he's gone. I think we're used to major characters getting a "send off" when they die.

Though it wouldn't surprise me if he comes back late next season or in later seasons. That makes the most sense for Fiona - move on, get in a good, new relationship, and then have Jimmy come back and screw it all up.

Yeah that's what I'm worried about. He's already done the come's back out of nowhere bit. I just wish it would have been shown that he was dead. I don't want the writers to have the ability to just bring him back at some point now because they can. The entire time Fiona was wrapping up her last call to him and her walking in the house, I kept picturing the scene cutting away to a shot of the lake and going under water.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 08:46 AM)
Agree with this. The Vikings is really, really good. Does anyone know if this is just a mini-series? Or will they have more than one season?

I'm hoping it is a series, because I am pretty sure he called one of the guys who pledged fealty to him "Leif".

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 08:51 PM)
This weeks episode of Revolution jumped the shark for me. THAT/THOSE are what caused the blackout? seriously??

So I haven't watched since about the 4th episode, can you put in spoilers what caused it? It sounds like it follows the terrible acting.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 09:51 PM)
This weeks episode of Revolution jumped the shark for me. THAT/THOSE are what caused the blackout? seriously??

You know, I could actually buy that explanation, but going with the other plot element

the thing in the briefcase

, that's just so overdone.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 10, 2013 -> 08:01 AM)
You know, I could actually buy that explanation, but going with the other plot element

, that's just so overdone.

I actually saw it opposite.

makes sense to me. Especially for someone who is power hungry. The

power suckers

was too much for me.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 09:04 PM)
Thanks.

Man I am so happy for not wasting my time with that show.

Yeah I am done with that show. Deleted it off my DVR. The Following is a show that's got me hooked.