2013 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 10, 2013 -> 10:37 AM)
Just watched the pilot of the Following last night...thought it was decent...kind of ridiculous, but whatever.

I really do enjoy the Americans...

The Following gets increasingly more awful with each passing episode.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 10, 2013 -> 01:07 PM)
The Following gets increasingly more awful with each passing episode.

Nothing. NOTHING. Can be as bad as the make-out scene to "In the Air Tonight" in the pilot of "The Americans". I will never give that show a chance after sitting through that.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 10, 2013 -> 12:16 PM)
Nothing. NOTHING. Can be as bad as the make-out scene to "In the Air Tonight" in the pilot of "The Americans". I will never give that show a chance after sitting through that.

Ahh, you are just too young to appreciate the brilliance of Phil Collins, my friend...Even Mike Tyson jams out to that song...:)

QUOTE (MEANS @ Apr 10, 2013 -> 12:05 PM)
The Following is close to being deleted from the DVR, it's gotten pretty bad. The Americans on the other hand....AWESOME!

I deleted it last week. Bates Motel deleted this week.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 10, 2013 -> 02:20 PM)
Ahh, you are just too young to appreciate the brilliance of Phil Collins, my friend...Even Mike Tyson jams out to that song...:)

I appreciated the reference in "The Hangover", as it was not to be taken seriously.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 10, 2013 -> 03:16 PM)

Don't you watch MTV's The Challenge? There's something right there that is much much worse.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 10, 2013 -> 12:16 PM)

You're missing a very solid show. From the creators of Justified. Great story, character development, and dialogue.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 10, 2013 -> 03:38 PM)
You're missing a very solid show. From the creators of Justified. Great story, character development, and dialogue.

I saw enough.

The creator of Arrested Development made Running Wilde. Complete s***. Interestingly enough, Keri Russell was in that garbage, too.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 10, 2013 -> 01:47 PM)
I saw enough.

The creator of Arrested Development made Running Wilde. Complete s***. Interestingly enough, Keri Russell was in that garbage, too.

The fact that you think The Americans is garbage shows your ignorance.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 10, 2013 -> 03:51 PM)
The fact that you think The Americans is garbage shows your ignorance.

From what I saw in the first episode, it is garbage. I haven't watched anymore. That was enough for me. I'm not saying all episodes are garbage, but that was the cheesiest garbage I've seen on FX ever.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 10, 2013 -> 01:52 PM)
From what I saw in the first episode, it is garbage. I haven't watched anymore. That was enough for me. I'm not saying all episodes are garbage, but that was the cheesiest garbage I've seen on FX ever.

There definitely is a bit of cheesy '80's stuff in the show, there is no denying that...but it's inescapable...a lot of the '80's was cheesy...

I think Sqwert and I and others who grew up during that time probably appreciate it a little bit more than others because of the nostalgia...

Agreed on Shameless seeming like a series finale. Once the bodyguard showed up to give Fiona the money, Jimmy had to be dead. I don't mind though, his character had gotten really annoying this season.

I'm not worried about losing characters. They'll have a way to keep them involved, no doubt.

I really, really liked the ending between Mickey and Ian.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Apr 10, 2013 -> 05:55 PM)
Agreed on Shameless seeming like a series finale. Once the bodyguard showed up to give Fiona the money, Jimmy had to be dead. I don't mind though, his character had gotten really annoying this season.

I'm not worried about losing characters. They'll have a way to keep them involved, no doubt.

I really, really liked the ending between Mickey and Ian.

I just think if Jimmy was dead, they would have showed something. Even if it happened off camera in a scene.