2013 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 13, 2013 -> 08:13 PM)
I keep wanting to stop but than read synopsis for next episode and am intrigued.

Fringe definitely got better as it went. Like it was said, it goes from a "here's a weird, nonsensical case that Walter can magically relate to as always" to, ok there is a deeper plot here than I thought.

We watched it all while it was on Fox, and enjoyed it thoroughly. I need to finish buying the seasons, as I have all but the last one. I'd watch it all over again.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched S3 premiere of The Borgias. Man, Mikileto (sp?) is such a bad ass.

I love how he has almost no expression on his face when he kills people. Glad to see Delrovarre (sp?) survive and continue to be a bad guy in the show, he is so creepy and cold.

Looking at the season preview, the incestual stuff between Lucrezia and Cesare seem to be "coming" to a "head" this season. I still think it's weird they NEVER talk about the other sibling Geoffrey. I think it's been since S1 that he was mentioned, yes? I think he was married off to someone? When Rodrigo woke up from his coma, he seemed to forget that Juan was dead, yet didn't seem to ask about Geoffrey. Poor kid. Even Giovanni was asked about.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 11:20 AM)
I feel like Mad Men is just set on repeat, especially the Pete/Don storylines. Didn't we see the same type of scenes 2-3 seasons ago? Although the Trudy/Pete scene was pretty epic.

I told my mom the same thing.

The best stuff so far for me has been the Peggy work stuff.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 04:20 PM)
I feel like Mad Men is just set on repeat, especially the Pete/Don storylines. Didn't we see the same type of scenes 2-3 seasons ago? Although the Trudy/Pete scene was pretty epic.

I decided I was done after the opener. I am not interested anymore in a dark take of people never change and redemption doesn't exist. I used to be fine with don's cheating, thinking it was part of his need to keep secrets because of his past. But now his past is pretty much settled, and so it's just that don's a sleezebag except this time he's hurting someone who is a good person and treats him well. I don't find that entertaining.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 02:19 PM)

IMO she is/has been the best part of the show. She's the only character you ever really rooted for (at least in the first couple of seasons) and even though she has become a little more Don-like she's still someone that you want to see succeed.

Everyone else i'm pretty meh about. Don stopped being interesting a couple seasons ago (with a few exceptions here and there). We get it, he's troubled, he's got relationship issues, he likes to cheat. Let's move on. Same with Pete. Oh great, he's creepy Pete again. Nothing new. Roger/Joan just play the role of one-line comedian and curvy, confident woman. And who else? Does anyone care about anyone else? Not really.

Really the heart of the show was cool characters interacting with each other. Pete/Don, Don/Peggy, Don/a client, Roger/anyone, etc. Now Wiener has gotten so full of himself it seems like he forgot that even a well-written character show is incredibly boring if all you do is focus on individual characters and their thoughts/emotions. You have to give them something to do.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 01:40 PM)
IMO she is/has been the best part of the show. She's the only character you ever really rooted for (at least in the first couple of seasons) and even though she has become a little more Don-like she's still someone that you want to see succeed.

Everyone else i'm pretty meh about. Don stopped being interesting a couple seasons ago (with a few exceptions here and there). We get it, he's troubled, he's got relationship issues, he likes to cheat. Let's move on. Same with Pete. Oh great, he's creepy Pete again. Nothing new. Roger/Joan just play the role of one-line comedian and curvy, confident woman. And who else? Does anyone care about anyone else? Not really.

Really the heart of the show was cool characters interacting with each other. Pete/Don, Don/Peggy, Don/a client, Roger/anyone, etc. Now Wiener has gotten so full of himself it seems like he forgot that even a well-written character show is incredibly boring if all you do is focus on individual characters and their thoughts/emotions. You have to give them something to do.

I got bored with Mad Men a couple of seasons ago. I don't think I've seen an episode in at least a year and a half, and I used to like it a lot. Far too many shows just don't know when to quit. That's one thing that was cool about Fringe. Rather than drag it on and on, they ended it and after what, 3 seasons?

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 03:28 PM)
I got bored with Mad Men a couple of seasons ago. I don't think I've seen an episode in at least a year and a half, and I used to like it a lot. Far too many shows just don't know when to quit. That's one thing that was cool about Fringe. Rather than drag it on and on, they ended it and after what, 3 seasons?

I love completely inaccurate statements on message boards, and I don't know why.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 17, 2013 -> 05:09 PM)
She's been on Mad Men and dramatic for 5 seasons already. How odd can it be?

I'm aware but she rarely is on Mad Men. This past week may have been the most she's been on and a bigger part than any other episode she has been on.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 18, 2013 -> 07:50 AM)
This weeks Family Guy was pretty good. Especially the first 2 minutes.

The American Dad/King of the Hill tie-in was pretty funny. Overall I still enjoy the show. They have some outrageously funny moments, and then some meh moments. Overall, though, it keeps me entertained once a week.

On a side note, we were a few weeks back on the show on the DVR and watched the Boston marathon episode the night of the actual bombing. It was weird.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 11:20 AM)

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 02:19 PM)

Don is becoming Roger and both Pete and Peggy are becoming Don. Will be interesting to see if and how those characters can divert those paths.

Also, is anyone more awesome than Roger Sterling? I f***ing love that guy.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 02:24 PM)
I decided I was done after the opener. I am not interested anymore in a dark take of people never change and redemption doesn't exist. I used to be fine with don's cheating, thinking it was part of his need to keep secrets because of his past. But now his past is pretty much settled, and so it's just that don's a sleezebag except this time he's hurting someone who is a good person and treats him well. I don't find that entertaining.

I have a feeling we may get to a more complicated understanding of whether Megan is wholly good or not.

One thing about Mad Men is that you will never have a guiltless character. Nobody is supposed to be the hero. There are no heroes.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 21, 2013 -> 07:53 PM)
Orphan Black.....

So I would think the police station would have cameras, so they should very easily be able to figure out that someone who looked just like Beth walked in to the police station and rearranged the pictures on the board. Seems like a pretty big plothole if that's never mentioned.

Do they have cameras thru the offices or just lobbies? I agree something was off about that. Maybe that Indian guy seeing her covered her tracks. I don't know.

Its cool to see that actress play liken5 different characters.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 21, 2013 -> 09:01 PM)
Do they have cameras thru the offices or just lobbies? I agree something was off about that. Maybe that Indian guy seeing her covered her tracks. I don't know.

Its cool to see that actress play liken5 different characters.

If they know the killer they are looking for was in their building, I am going to assume they'd pull tapes from all their locations within and outside the building, and maybe nearby buildings to find someone who doesn't belong. Just seems like a weak scene so far.

But yeah, the actress is really talented for playing all those parts, with different accents, and then when she played the soccer mom pretending to be Beth, that was really good.