2013 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 8, 2013 -> 09:41 AM)
You also have to keep in mind he's still a kid, like 12 years old. So sex isn't very high on his list. It's all about the power/authority right now.

Book version is the 12 year old right? Well in the show I'm pretty sure he is supposed to be in his mid teens? The actor is 20 years old after all.

Edited by onedude

QUOTE (onedude @ May 9, 2013 -> 04:18 PM)
Book version is the 12 year old right? Well in the show I'm pretty sure he is supposed to be in his mid teens? The actor is 20 years old after all.

If you map where we're currently at in the show back to the books, I'm pretty sure he's supposed to be 14 now

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 9, 2013 -> 04:25 PM)
BTW in case nobody was aware what was going on when Theon was getting tortured his finger was being flayed.

Really, really vaguely spoiler-y. Just did it in case.

Has the TV show mentioned anything about the [certain family I won't name just in case] being known for flaying people yet? I can't recall. We've seen the banner but it kind of sucks actually so I wonder if the TV crowd would have any idea at this point?

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 9, 2013 -> 03:32 PM)
Really, really vaguely spoiler-y. Just did it in case.

Has the TV show mentioned anything about the [certain family I won't name just in case] being known for flaying people yet? I can't recall. We've seen the banner but it kind of sucks actually so I wonder if the TV crowd would have any idea at this point?

Yeah, I deleted that part from my post. I dont know if its only obvious to us or not.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 9, 2013 -> 03:35 PM)
Yeah, I deleted that part from my post. I dont know if its only obvious to us or not.

If ita about why he is being tortured having not read the books the whole thing is really bizarre to me and I have no idea what to make of it all.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 9, 2013 -> 03:35 PM)

Haven't read the books, but I'm aware of some of the families and stuff, might know who you're talking about. Something I caught last episode: The bastard torturer had a horn to wake Theon up...I'm assuming that was the guy with the horn in the 2nd season that was pissing Theon off outside of Winterfell. Funny how Theon was going to go medieval on the guy, only for him to be the guy torturing him.

Two interesting new shows for this fall...

ABC Travels to Wonderland With Once Upon a Time Spin-Off

The set-up for the offshoot, which has been envisioned as a limited-run standalone series to bridge the original show’s winter hiatus: In Victorian England, the young and beautiful Alice (played by Sophie Lowe, Beautiful Kate) tells a tale of a strange new land that exists on the other side of a rabbit hole.

'Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' is coming to ABC, sneak peek airing on Sunday

Last year ABC gave writer-director Joss Whedon the go-ahead to shoot a pilot for a television show set in The Avengers universe, and Deadline reports that the network has picked up the show to series. Entitled Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., the show will focus on — to no surprise — a group of agents from the fictional global law-enforcement agency S.H.I.E.L.D. The show will star Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, a character that has appeared in several of Marvel's films up until this point. The character of Agent Coulson died in The Avengers (or so it seemed), but it's not exactly clear how Whedon and his team plan to get around that particular hurdle.

About a decade late, but I finished Six Feet Under on HBOGO about a month ago.

The weird thing is, I had two funerals (my uncle and my grandpa) while I was finishing up the show. Makes you look at them differently.

There is no way there's many better shows on TV than SFU.

QUOTE (onedude @ May 10, 2013 -> 09:37 AM)
Haven't read the books, but I'm aware of some of the families and stuff, might know who you're talking about. Something I caught last episode: The bastard torturer had a horn to wake Theon up...I'm assuming that was the guy with the horn in the 2nd season that was pissing Theon off outside of Winterfell. Funny how Theon was going to go medieval on the guy, only for him to be the guy torturing him.

I can't believe you picked up on that. Well done. "I'll kill that horn blowing c*** before I die." (paraphrasing)

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 12, 2013 -> 09:08 PM)
1) Pissed that Go On was cancelled.

2) Sad Happy Endings was cancelled.

but so, SO excited for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Don't watch tv much but always enjoyed an episode of Go On and to a lesser extent That b**** an apartment 23. Sad they both were cancelled.