2013 TV Thread

knightni

I'm shocked they are bringing Community back. This past season was lackluster to say the least and that finale was brutal.

Feels like they are only bringing it back to say it could continue on sans Harmon and Chase.

Parks and Rec looks like it will be NBC's marquee show on Thursdays now. Sweet.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 12, 2013 -> 09:08 PM)
1) Pissed that Go On was cancelled.

2) Sad Happy Endings was cancelled.

but so, SO excited for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Aw man, Happy Endings was great.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 13, 2013 -> 08:46 AM)
Am I the only one here who watches Veep? Such a good show. I'm surprised I never see anyone mention it in this thread.

My wife and I keep saying we're going to try it but never get around to it. Same with Justified. I think we've watched the first 5-6 episodes about 3 times now, and always end up forgetting about it.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 10, 2013 -> 11:58 PM)
I realize a lot of people have trailed off on watching The Office, but still sad to see it coming to an end next week.

Thursday's episode was really, really fantastic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 13, 2013 -> 08:46 AM)
Am I the only one here who watches Veep? Such a good show. I'm surprised I never see anyone mention it in this thread.

I've really been meaning to get going on this. Might be good post-surgery time wasting...

QUOTE (juddling @ May 14, 2013 -> 06:05 AM)
After 'meeting' the titular Mother last night on HIMYM I found it a bit humorous that they got an actress that looks like a combo of Lilly and Robin......wonder if that was a planned choice or not.

The rehashing of feelings for Robin is so pointless. It was determined in the first 5 episodes of the series that it wasn't her, so why try and tease fans with it.

I don't really see the resemblence. Maybe I'll notice it more next year.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (juddling @ May 14, 2013 -> 07:05 AM)
After 'meeting' the titular Mother last night on HIMYM I found it a bit humorous that they got an actress that looks like a combo of Lilly and Robin......wonder if that was a planned choice or not.

At first glance I thought she looked kind of like Nora (Barney's ex)

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ May 14, 2013 -> 08:39 AM)
I'm a couple episodes behind, but I'm really enjoying Bates Motel.

I like it too. It isn't quite like I thought it would be or wanted it to be, but I enjoy it nonetheless.

QUOTE (KG#1 @ May 14, 2013 -> 09:31 AM)
I know I'm in the minority, but I love every episode of HIMYM. I am looking forward to see what the writers do with next season.

I thought some of the middle seasons hit a lull, but I enjoyed this past season for the most part. Although everytime it goes back to Ted loving Robin, that gets a bit annoying.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 14, 2013 -> 10:24 AM)
I thought some of the middle seasons hit a lull, but I enjoyed this past season for the most part. Although everytime it goes back to Ted loving Robin, that gets a bit annoying.

Ted just sucks in general. He is the least likeable main character that you are supposed to like in TV history.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 14, 2013 -> 10:24 AM)

I haven't been so wrapped up in "I got to know who the mother is" as much as some of my friends so maybe i've been able to enjoy the ride much more than some.

Sadly....Ted having someone in his life who he believes is the one and has trouble letting go time and time again (until he FINDS the one) is something that rings close to home with me.

Maybe I'm in the minority but didn't most of us have someone in our past that (at the time) you thought was the one and had trouble letting her go???? I know that was a good chunk of my 20's.

Either way.....should be interesting next season to see if they meet early and it covers their courtship or another direction

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ May 14, 2013 -> 10:18 AM)
I like it too. It isn't quite like I thought it would be or wanted it to be, but I enjoy it nonetheless.

My problem is it's (1) super cheesy, (2) repetitive (3) all of the characters are terrible. If you watch that show and then immediately watch a good ensemble friends comedy, like New Girl, you'll see how awful it is.

QUOTE (juddling @ May 14, 2013 -> 11:51 AM)
I haven't been so wrapped up in "I got to know who the mother is" as much as some of my friends so maybe i've been able to enjoy the ride much more than some.

Sadly....Ted having someone in his life who he believes is the one and has trouble letting go time and time again (until he FINDS the one) is something that rings close to home with me.

Maybe I'm in the minority but didn't most of us have someone in our past that (at the time) you thought was the one and had trouble letting her go???? I know that was a good chunk of my 20's.

Either way.....should be interesting next season to see if they meet early and it covers their courtship or another direction

I agree man. I'm sure his back and forth with Robin is just showing how amazing the mother actually is. Its someone who will break that love he always has for Robin. Like in real life, you think you can't get over the person you thought was "the one", then you find the true "one" and no longer care about what might have been with that other person.

I'm definitely excited for the final season.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 14, 2013 -> 10:37 AM)
My problem is it's (1) super cheesy, (2) repetitive (3) all of the characters are terrible. If you watch that show and then immediately watch a good ensemble friends comedy, like New Girl, you'll see how awful it is.

I agree. I loved the first two seasons. Show has gone steadily downhill since.

For those interested in the final season...

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/...what-comes-next