2013 Video Game Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jun 10, 2013 -> 10:51 PM)
If the Xbox outdoes the Ps4 with how things have been going publicity wise and the fact this time Sony is the cheaper system, well Sony might as well give up after this console.

You mean keeping pace with Sony despite a console that breaks over and over again wasn't enough?

Once Dad learns that he can watch football games and get rid of his cable box on the same machine his kid plays games on, it's over. Or, Mom can dim the lights and check Pintrest, while DVR'ing Girls.

Edited by TaylorStSox

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 10, 2013 -> 10:56 PM)
You mean keeping pace with Sony despite a counsel that breaks over and over again wasn't enough?

Once Dad learns that he can watch football games and get rid of his cable box on the same machine his kid plays games on, it's over. Or, Mom can dim the lights and check Pintrest, while DVR'ing Girls.

You do know that playstation is like this too right? All the media options are there and more will be in the future just like with Xbox. Not to mention sony itself is a media brand and will be able to offer much more then Xbox because of that.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 10, 2013 -> 10:56 PM)
You mean keeping pace with Sony despite a console that breaks over and over again wasn't enough?

Oh well you are clearly in the thought process Xbox is going to be the clear cut winner and no point in trying to argue. Both are obviously going to sell out on launch and I'm not sitting in line for a system but I'm happy hearing all the positive buzz is in Playstation's corner since I was never a fan of the 360 and when I got around to buying a system was leaning on the Ps4 before hearing all the used game bulls*** and whatnot.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 10, 2013 -> 11:00 PM)
You do know that playstation is like this too right? All the media options are there and more will be in the future just like with Xbox. Not to mention sony itself is a media brand and will be able to offer much more then Xbox because of that.

If you think Sony's background makes them better equipped to create an all in one media center, then there really isn't much to discuss. The PS4 is aimed at gamers. That's always been their goal, hence the unnecessarily more robust hardware. Microsoft had better looking games, despite their stated goal to be orientated to more forms of entertainment. Sony's network and online interface pale in comparison. Outside of price, how did Sony look better?

Also, IMO, worrying about used games and going to the box store to buy software will quickly become a thing of the past. It's no longer necessary.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 10, 2013 -> 11:15 PM)
Well, looks like we found the one guy who will be sleeping in a tent for the XboxOne release. TaylorStSox.

I can't believe ANYONE would take the XboxOne over the Ps4 after this week's announcements. Hilarious, really.

No. I said I won't be buying either, but would lean towards the Xbox because I'm not as interested in gaming as I used to be. Microsoft's vision is far more forward thinking. If you're going to be condencsending, at least try to provide some type of argument.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 12:23 AM)
No. I said I won't be buying either, but would lean towards the Xbox because I'm not as interested in gaming as I used to be. Microsoft's vision is far more forward thinking. If you're going to be condencsending, at least try to provide some type of argument.

There is no argument to be had. It's not even a conversation. Sony absolutely bent microsoft over and butt-pumped them until they bled to death.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 10, 2013 -> 11:25 PM)
There is no argument to be had. It's not even a conversation. Sony absolutely bent microsoft over and butt-pumped them until they bled to death.

Just because we're talking about consoles doesn't mean you should post like a 12 year old playing CoD.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 10, 2013 -> 11:17 PM)
Also, IMO, worrying about used games and going to the box store to buy software will quickly become a thing of the past. It's no longer necessary.

Yeah maybe when the norm in internet connection speeds are at 200 mb lines. I hate downloading games on the playstation store or xbox live because it takes so damn long and it takes up a lot of space on the hard drive. i still prefer getting a physical copy that i can play, finish, then trade in for value towards my next purchase, instead of a virtual copy that im stuck with forever that will collect virtual matrix dust.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Jun 10, 2013 -> 11:27 PM)
Yeah maybe when the norm in internet connection speeds are at 200 mb lines. I hate downloading games on the playstation store or xbox live because it takes so damn long and it takes up a lot of space on the hard drive. i still prefer getting a physical copy that i can play, finish, then trade in for value towards my next purchase, instead of a virtual copy that im stuck with forever that will collect virtual matrix dust.

While I do agree with you to an extent, physical media is becoming a thing of the past. Look at the CD/DVD market. It's gotten to the point that a DVD collection is almost embarrassing.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 12:31 AM)
While I do agree with you to an extent, physical media is becoming a thing of the past. Look at the CD/DVD market. It's gotten to the point that a DVD collection is almost embarrassing.

And I hate that. Much like old people have always said, I prefer to actually TOUCH my possessions. I feel like if my system crashes I would lose all my s***.

I'd like some more elaboration on how much better of a media center XBOX One is compared to PS4. I find it to be a slap in my f***ing face that I not only have to pay Netflix to watch Netflix on my XBOX, but also XBOX. Likewise with Hulu, HBO Go, etc. I shouldn't have to pay to access these services.

I could understand paying for online gaming, but not paying for online streaming services. Sometimes I want to play games online, sometimes I want to play Madden franchise mode by myself for a month. I like having some choice about that.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 10, 2013 -> 11:32 PM)
And I hate that. Much like old people have always said, I prefer to actually TOUCH my possessions. I feel like if my system crashes I would lose all my s***.

You're far more likely to scratch the physical media than lose the info in a crash. You can't recover a broken disc. Will you be able to download a game twice once purchasing the license in the event of hardware failure?

Ive had both a PS3 and 360 at different times, I currently have a 360. As of right now Im not sure which console I will get. I think a lot of people are overreacting and Id like to get more details about each system before I go crazy for one or the other.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 10, 2013 -> 11:37 PM)
You're far more likely to scratch the physical media than lose the info in a crash. You can't recover a broken disc. Will you be able to download a game twice once purchasing the license in the event of hardware failure?

Luckily scratched discs have been a thing of the past for ps3 users with blu rays protective coating.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 10, 2013 -> 11:37 PM)
I'd like some more elaboration on how much better of a media center XBOX One is compared to PS4. I find it to be a slap in my f***ing face that I not only have to pay Netflix to watch Netflix on my XBOX, but also XBOX. Likewise with Hulu, HBO Go, etc. I shouldn't have to pay to access these services.

I could understand paying for online gaming, but not paying for online streaming services. Sometimes I want to play games online, sometimes I want to play Madden franchise mode by myself for a month. I like having some choice about that.

Of course you should have to pay to stream media. It's not a crazy idea to pay a minimal fee to access a network either. Ideally, you'll have the option to access media through apps or integration with your cable provider. That's why I said its going to be interesting to see what type of arrangement Microsoft has with Sky.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 10, 2013 -> 11:42 PM)
Of course you should have to pay to stream media. It's not a crazy idea to pay a minimal fee to access a network either. Ideally, you'll have the option to access media through apps or integration with your cable provider. That's why I said its going to be interesting to see what type of arrangement Microsoft has with Sky.

PS4 says I don't have to pay to stream media. Roku says I don't have to pay to stream media. Smart TVs say I don't have to pay to do this. Why is it that only XBOX thinks it is appropriate for me to pay to use services I'm already paying somebody else to use?

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 12:37 AM)

True, but I'm not sure I've ever had a scratched game in my life. I take care of all my games.

Microsoft got knocked the f*** out.

Only thing I didn't like is PS+ is required for online play, but even then PS+ is a great service. I was going to continue using it anyway. The discounts, free games, etc. make it worth it.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 12:05 AM)
PS4 says I don't have to pay to stream media. Roku says I don't have to pay to stream media. Smart TVs say I don't have to pay to do this. Why is it that only XBOX thinks it is appropriate for me to pay to use services I'm already paying somebody else to use?

Xbox Live comes out to like 4-5 dollars a month. Can we please stop acting like they are charging 60.00 a month.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 12:05 AM)

You most certainly do pay to stream the media. You don't pay for access to the network. If PSN is anything like the original, the 13 cents you pay per day for Xbox Live will be well worth it. Xbox Live's interface is great looking and intuitive. PSN is a jumbled wasteland of bad design.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Xbox drop the price and launch first. They appear to be far more ready for launch. The problem is that they're making you pay for Kinect and people don't understand it and are scared of change.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 08:25 AM)
You most certainly do pay to stream the media. You don't pay for access to the network. If PSN is anything like the original, the 13 cents you pay per day for Xbox Live will be well worth it. Xbox Live's interface is great looking and intuitive. PSN is a jumbled wasteland of bad design.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Xbox drop the price and launch first. They appear to be far more ready for launch. The problem is that they're making you pay for Kinect and people don't understand it and are scared of change.

When was the last time you were on PSN?

Also, lol at all the xbox hard core guys here finally seeing the light.