Healthy Eating Thread

witesoxfan

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jan 23, 2013 -> 06:36 AM)
I guess what I don't understand is where this "overnight" stuff comes in. If it's instant oatmeal, can't this be done...instantly? Are we supposed to mix all of this stuff together and let it sit in a bowl, mixed together, in the refrigerator all night long? Do we cover it?

I swear to GOD if I find you're leaving out instructions or ingredients and this sucks...

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for ransom for the missing overnight oatmeal instructions or certain ingredients, I can tell you I don't have money...but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you give me the missing instructions and ingredients now, that will be the end of it - I will not look for you, I will not pursue you... but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you... and I will f***ing kill you.

Bravo, Liam, Bravo...

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Cali @ Jan 23, 2013 -> 01:39 AM)
Me and my lady have made a simple variation of the overnight oats before: Cup of rolled oats (either bulk or bob's Red Mill variety) mashed up banana, teaspoon of vanilla, and a handful of Chia Seeds all drowned in almond milk.

Then we will add some agave in the morning or add some fresh blueberries or strawberries.

Haven't had it in a while though. Might have to hop back on the band wagon haha

now THAT sounds good. :)

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 23, 2013 -> 02:42 PM)
Its called "Protein Bar". There are a few in Chicago, most recent one opened on Clinton Street. I know Rock is in the West Loop, so I was wondering if he had been to that one. I didnt realize it was in the FFC.

I'm taking my wife there this weekend, actually.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 23, 2013 -> 03:20 PM)
Everyone (besides me) loves it. To be fair I only tried it once, had the buffalo chicken, just wasnt my thing.

Extra sauce goes a long way in that one. Their chicken chili is pretty good. Also their breakfest is worth trying.

Also found out Hannah's Bretzel is opening in the "sorta" west loop. Pretty pumped on that.

QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ Jan 23, 2013 -> 06:53 PM)
Are any of them open on the weekends? I tried taking my wife to one, after discovering it for lunch while doing jury duty, and the place was closed on weekends.

Hours vary by location - www.theproteinbar.com/chicago-locations-page-72.php

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 23, 2013 -> 09:51 PM)
I actually might be looking into one, If youd get some sort of referral fee id gladly give you the business (if I decide to switch to FFC)

I actually work there. Shoot me a pm before you check one out. If it's my location Ill show you around, if it's a different one, ill refer you to a good person to talk to.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 23, 2013 -> 10:06 PM)
Will do, I currently go to a different gym that is ridiculously close to where I live. The problem is that it has really gone downhill and I feel that maybe I should be looking into something better.

I gotcha. You should definitely check us out than, you'll love the facilities, I can promise you that. We just lowered our prices too.

But I don't wanna get all "salesy" on you ha. If you have any questions or want some info just pm me man.

It's a work in progress. Used steel cut oats and used too much yogurt and milk for the amount of oats, but they were still awesome. Didnt use frozen fruit, which was actually a positive in this situation, instead for fresh blueberries. And, to soak up the residual milkgurt, I threw in some frosted wheat shreddies.

Haven't had a breakfast that awesome in a long time.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 24, 2013 -> 01:31 AM)
Giving the overnight oats a shot. Really looking forward to them.

Made them too last night: Instant Oats, Almond Milk, Vanilla Whey Protein, and a couple frozen strawberries. Once I get better with the amount for each it's gonna be a new staple, cuz that was delish already.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jan 24, 2013 -> 10:24 AM)
f*** you guys i'm gonna have to try it now.

I went:

Steel cut oats

Vanilla greek yogurt (found the best stuff I could)

Vanilla almond milk

Strawberry whey protein

-let sit overnight

This morning, added fresh blueberries (because I love blueberries in stuff like this)

Gah I can't wait for them tomorrow.