Healthy Eating Thread

witesoxfan

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 26, 2013 -> 01:18 PM)
No, I think that is probably very true, Reddy....we're finding out that everyone reacts differently to different stimuli based on tiny differences in our genetics. They are finding that certain people experience tremendous gains from training, while others experience very little. Fortunately, everyone experiences gains from exercise, so you literally cannot say that exercise is "bad" for anyone, but for some people the improvements are pretty limited, which raises the question of whether they should be doing different things, such as diet, to see larger improvements with their limited time and resources than wasting a lot of time on exercise. I think the same probably holds true with nutrition. Some people probably respond very strongly to changes in diets, while others might improve, but not nearly at the same level of magnitude.

I agree completely. I'm just saying that there's a lot of money being made off of "metabolic type" diets and books, so there's risk to be taken advantage of as with any new "weightloss" concept.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What are some good ideas for a quick breakfast snack? I usually just heat up two bagels and throw some cream cheese on there, but I want something healthier. Minimal (read: nearly none) prep time if possible. Doesn't have to be anything huge, like I usually said I only have two bagels, and sometimes I don't even eat both.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Sep 21, 2013 -> 11:56 PM)
What are some good ideas for a quick breakfast snack? I usually just heat up two bagels and throw some cream cheese on there, but I want something healthier. Minimal (read: nearly none) prep time if possible. Doesn't have to be anything huge, like I usually said I only have two bagels, and sometimes I don't even eat both.

I've been throwing some blueberries into Greek yogurt. No prep time, healthy and delicious.