2013 White Sox ticket pre-sale information

ewokpelts

Tickets go on sale to the General Public on THURSDAY, Jan 24th at 10AM Central Time. Online at www.whitesox.com, and at 1-866-SOX-GAME phone orders ONLY.

Sox Box Office sales at Gate 4 (35th and Shields) begin SATURDAY, Jan 26th at 10AM.

Here's the PRE-SALE dates:

81, 27, and 14 Game Season Ticketholders: MONDAY, Jan 21 @ 10AM - 10PM ONLINE ONLY

Sox Pride Club Members: TUESDAY Jan 22 @10AM -10PM ONLINE ONLY

Black List(Sox Newsletter) members: WEDNESDAY Jan 23 @10AM -10PM ONLINE ONLY

The best chance at Cubs/Sox tix or Opening Day are if you have a ticket plan of any sort. But They do set aside tix for all the presales.

Ticketbastard fees apply for Phone and Online orders. No fees at Sox Box Office.

You can use an MLB.COM Gift Card on online orders, but NOT at the box office.

White Sox gift cards can be used at the Box Office, but NOT online.

Sox also accept Comiskey Cash for ticket sales at the Box Office.

Vouchers are also good at the Sox Box Office. The Holiday Pack ticket vouchers are one example.

QUOTE (Brian26 @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 06:41 PM)
Why would you do this?

Just curious. Isn't this unfair to season ticket holders?

People seem to want to give the sox their money as early as possible, why should I stop them?

Also, with the sox drawing under 2 million, and really only one or two games sold out in 2012, they need all the help they can get.

Furthermore, how am i being unfair to season ticket holders? you mean the guys who bought upper corner seats, and posted their $7 yankees tickets on stubhub for $53? If anything, all I'm doing is killing their resale market.

Edited by ewokpelts

This was in my email this morning...enjoy!

As a valued member of the whitesox.com Black List, between the hours of 10 a.m. and 10 p.m. CT tomorrow - Wednesday, January 23 - please enjoy an online presale opportunity to purchase individual-game tickets for the 2013 season prior to the general public onsale.

To take advantage of this online offer, you'll need to order online by using this exclusive presale passcode: SALE49

I'm going to re-post this, and then walk away.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 06:57 PM)
Since people want this to seemingly be a public conversation, here goes. Pretty much Soxtalk is like most things. The content from about 1% of posters results in about 95% of the complaints the staff receives. Being fully honest here, it gets to the point where people can become detrimental to the overall conversation on the site, because their posts and the responses to the posts can't just stick in one thread. It jumps from thread to thread and forum to forum. The worst is when the poster skirt the rules as closely as possible and still generate a high level of problems. It creates a whole level of problems that no one on the staff wants to deal with. A very few times we have even had to ban posters for no other reason than the amount of fights that they generate. Trust me when I say that there are about five people right now who are getting to that point. I don't know if it is the off-season, or what, but the staff is to that point. We have had the discussions, and don't really want to do it, but if it gets to the point where this is the only option, it will be done again. People can take this post however they want, but this is the full out truth of the situation, good, bad, or indifferent.

Here's a tangent, but one that could at least get us to stop talking about board moderation:

I was thinking about ticket sales and my own habits of attending games, and I realized something: I don't think the team's record affects how many games I will attend, whatsoever. Every year, I go to about 3-5 games, and watch about 100-120 on TV, no matter how well the team is playing.

I was wondering why this is the case, when it seems the main narrative here is that people go to games more when the team is good, presumably because it is only interesting to go if the outcomes are meaningful or the quality of play is high. Further, it seems that people are willing to pay a higher price if the team is good, but that they feel that those prices should drop if the game outcomes mean less.

There are a couple things here that don't resonate with me. First is that I think I view attending a game as an experience whose value is derived (mostly, playoffs and pennant races notwithstanding) from everything OTHER than the meaning or quality of the baseball being played. That is, I am a pretty "dedicated" fan in that I pay a lot of attentiont to the team and that my mood is tied greatly to the team's success, but that physically being at the game has nothing to do with any of that. I can watch the games on TV, and in fact, I prefer to watch them on TV nearly all the time because it's way easier to actually follow what is happening. If my interest is in the on-field events, the TV is far superior. If I want to go "do something," showing up at a game is an excellent option. In fact, If I lived in another city, I'd probably still go to 3-5 games per year to see whichever team was there, no matter how little interest I had in that team.

Secondly (given everything I just said above), the price of tickets being tied to the quality of the team makes no sense to me, personally. When I think about it, the price of tickets needs to be competitive with other types of things I can choose if I want to go and "do something." Because the ballpark experience is the entire draw, it seems silly for me to expect to pay less when the team isn't good or to be content paying more when they ARE good. So, on a macro level, this makes the common argument of "well they need to maintain a certain level of competitiveness or the fans will stop going to games altogether" kind of a ridiculous one, in my mind. To me, the experience doesn't change enough to cause my behavior to shift with winning percentage. In fact, if the teamsustained enough failure to lower my overall interest, it would more likely affect how much I watched them on TV than it wouild affect how often I attended games.

Now, all of this would be different is we couldn't watch the games on TV. If you had to go to the park in order to stay on top of everything, like I suppose you used to, this is all different. So I'm wondering if our atitudes as fans are sort of "behind the curve" when compared to our actual behaviors.

Anyway, this is all totally from my perspective. I can see how a more casual fan than a typical Soxtalk poster or even just a person who gets different things out of the ballpark/TV viewing experience may feel differently, but it seems there's some unresolvable dissonance in how we've been viewing these things and I wanted to see how everyone would respond to the stuff above.

Thoughts?

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jan 28, 2013 -> 11:34 AM)
Here's a tangent, but one that could at least get us to stop talking about board moderation:

I was thinking about ticket sales and my own habits of attending games, and I realized something: I don't think the team's record affects how many games I will attend, whatsoever. Every year, I go to about 3-5 games, and watch about 100-120 on TV, no matter how well the team is playing.

I was wondering why this is the case, when it seems the main narrative here is that people go to games more when the team is good, presumably because it is only interesting to go if the outcomes are meaningful or the quality of play is high. Further, it seems that people are willing to pay a higher price if the team is good, but that they feel that those prices should drop if the game outcomes mean less.

There are a couple things here that don't resonate with me. First is that I think I view attending a game as an experience whose value is derived (mostly, playoffs and pennant races notwithstanding) from everything OTHER than the meaning or quality of the baseball being played. That is, I am a pretty "dedicated" fan in that I pay a lot of attentiont to the team and that my mood is tied greatly to the team's success, but that physically being at the game has nothing to do with any of that. I can watch the games on TV, and in fact, I prefer to watch them on TV nearly all the time because it's way easier to actually follow what is happening. If my interest is in the on-field events, the TV is far superior. If I want to go "do something," showing up at a game is an excellent option. In fact, If I lived in another city, I'd probably still go to 3-5 games per year to see whichever team was there, no matter how little interest I had in that team.

Secondly (given everything I just said above), the price of tickets being tied to the quality of the team makes no sense to me, personally. When I think about it, the price of tickets needs to be competitive with other types of things I can choose if I want to go and "do something." Because the ballpark experience is the entire draw, it seems silly for me to expect to pay less when the team isn't good or to be content paying more when they ARE good. So, on a macro level, this makes the common argument of "well they need to maintain a certain level of competitiveness or the fans will stop going to games altogether" kind of a ridiculous one, in my mind. To me, the experience doesn't change enough to cause my behavior to shift with winning percentage. In fact, if the teamsustained enough failure to lower my overall interest, it would more likely affect how much I watched them on TV than it wouild affect how often I attended games.

Now, all of this would be different is we couldn't watch the games on TV. If you had to go to the park in order to stay on top of everything, like I suppose you used to, this is all different. So I'm wondering if our atitudes as fans are sort of "behind the curve" when compared to our actual behaviors.

Anyway, this is all totally from my perspective. I can see how a more casual fan than a typical Soxtalk poster or even just a person who gets different things out of the ballpark/TV viewing experience may feel differently, but it seems there's some unresolvable dissonance in how we've been viewing these things and I wanted to see how everyone would respond to the stuff above.

Thoughts?

This is exactly what the sox have been looking at the last year or so. and a reason why prices have normalized over the offseason.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Feb 9, 2013 -> 01:39 PM)
Does anyone know if there are any codes for Spring Training games? About to purchase some on ticketmaster and there is a section called "Promotions and Special Offers" that wasnt there a week ago.

Not that i know of. If u buy a 3 game mini plan, you will get four free tix to a sox/royals game in april.

I'm thinking on having a road trip to chi-town round may or June, need some help here do the prices on tickets change or could I get a better deal if I would buy closer to the date? And any advise on where to stay? I mean a decent place but not too harsh on the budget, it's all in beta yet, but I want to explore options and I'm trying to gather info. Any advise would be appreciated

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Feb 12, 2013 -> 03:41 PM)
I'm thinking on having a road trip to chi-town round may or June, need some help here do the prices on tickets change or could I get a better deal if I would buy closer to the date? And any advise on where to stay? I mean a decent place but not too harsh on the budget, it's all in beta yet, but I want to explore options and I'm trying to gather info. Any advise would be appreciated

If it is a popular game where it is likely to sell out or get close to selling out, you are better off buying sooner rather than later. Also, if your seat location is very important to you, also better to do it soon - but not necessarily right now. Season ticket holders won't have their tickets up on Stub Hub until March sometime, so I'd wait until then, and see what deals you can find.

If you don't much care where you sit, and the games are not like Cubs or Yankees or Red Sox... then you can wait until the last minute and get very cheap tickets.

As for places to stay... start with www.tripadvisor.com.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Feb 12, 2013 -> 03:41 PM)

What games are u planning to hit? I may have a code

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Feb 13, 2013 -> 07:06 PM)
What games are u planning to hit? I may have a code

I'm not sure yet, I just wanted a rough estimate of things. Not even sure if I'll make it this season cause my plans kinda got derailed a lil bit, but any recommendation or tip is appreciated