Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 10, 2013 -> 11:25 AM)
Auburn?

Theoretically, sure. I just think Bama is that good. Besides, for our Mizzou purposes and slim remaining national title hopes (we need scenarios plural to play out) Alabama needs to be undefeated going into the SEC title game.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 10, 2013 -> 04:00 PM)
Theoretically, sure. I just think Bama is that good. Besides, for our Mizzou purposes and slim remaining national title hopes (we need scenarios plural to play out) Alabama needs to be undefeated going into the SEC title game.

Bama is that good but a road rivalry game vs a 9-1 team? That's prime for an upset.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 9, 2013 -> 11:29 PM)
It is really hard to see Alabama or FSU losing with their remaining schedules.

Florida still scares me. It's in Gainesville and you can never overlook rivalry games. Most kids who play at FSU/UF/MIA were probably recruited by the other two schools and know players so you know they're going to be up for the game.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 12, 2013 -> 03:02 PM)
Florida still scares me. It's in Gainesville and you can never overlook rivalry games. Most kids who play at FSU/UF/MIA were probably recruited by the other two schools and know players so you know they're going to be up for the game.

Yeah, but Florida's offense has deteriorated to embarrassing bad. FSU's defense is tough against a good offense. Florida may not get more than 150 yards on offense.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 12, 2013 -> 10:08 AM)
Yeah, but Florida's offense has deteriorated to embarrassing bad. FSU's defense is tough against a good offense. Florida may not get more than 150 yards on offense.

Hopefully you're right, I think I've only seen Florida play onec this year so I haven't realized it's gotten as bad as some of you are saying. I can't remember the last time Florida was thought of so negatively

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 12, 2013 -> 09:16 AM)
Hopefully you're right, I think I've only seen Florida play onec this year so I haven't realized it's gotten as bad as some of you are saying. I can't remember the last time Florida was thought of so negatively

Florida is ranked below Buffalo right now. They are a dumpster fire.

I thought I saw somewhere that Muschamp is just about even with Ron Zook at this point in their Florida career as far as record goes.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 12, 2013 -> 03:16 PM)

They just got spanked by Vandy at home (even though they only gave up like 200 yards of offense).

I hope they beat up Scar though, please.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 12, 2013 -> 11:02 AM)

The Soxtalk All-Stars could keep Florida under 35 points.

If FSU doesnt win by 30+ then it counts as an upset.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 12, 2013 -> 10:46 AM)
Florida is ranked below Buffalo right now. They are a dumpster fire.

I thought I saw somewhere that Muschamp is just about even with Ron Zook at this point in their Florida career as far as record goes.

They had similar records overall. Zook inherited a better team than Muschamp and didn't have any really good years like Florida did last year but also was more consistent. I would assume next year is make or break for Muschamp.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 12, 2013 -> 05:38 PM)
They had similar records overall. Zook inherited a better team than Muschamp and didn't have any really good years like Florida did last year but also was more consistent. I would assume next year is make or break for Muschamp.

Muschamp inherited a ridiculous amount of talent, he just did jack s*** with them.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 13, 2013 -> 10:19 AM)
Muschamp inherited a ridiculous amount of talent, he just did jack s*** with them.

They did go 11-1 last year before not showing up for their BCS game. I think that's the only reason they give him one more year.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 13, 2013 -> 11:19 AM)

He inherited a team that went 8-5 Meyer's last year, had no QB and was losing multiple starters on the o-line. Meyer left a lot of talent for Muschamp on D but not a whole lot on offense. I'd also say going 11-1 in the regular season last year without a good QB is pretty damn impressive.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 13, 2013 -> 05:05 PM)
No offense to anyone here, but I hope NIU loses tonight. I work with an alum who is flat out annoying and out of control about them.

My manager is an alum and he cant stand Illinois or BIG football in general so yea, I wouldn't mind if they lost.

On defense yes but he took over an team with no offensive talent. Jordan Reed, Chris Rainey and Jeff Demps were the best offensive players on Muschamp's first team. There hasnt been any offensive talent at Florida since 2009 when they had the Pouncey twins, Tebow, Cooper,Hernandez.