2013 Minor League Transactions

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 10:50 AM)
He and Carlos will be the middle infield I'm sure, but it is hard to say which plays where. They may switch back and forth some, at least at first, to see who seems more comfortable at each position.

Yeah, I'm betting they just trade off

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 11:27 AM)
I wonder if Sox are planning on bringing him up for September callup

Hope he continues this pace and gets a cup in Sept and Ramirez is moved in the off season or through waivers.

I wonder if Sox are planning on bringing him up for September callup

I would doubt it. He has another year before he has to be added to the 40-man, so calling him up this September wastes an option year in 2014.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 11:59 AM)
Really excited to see what Semien can do at AAA. Hopefully he handles well because it would be nice to have a skillset like his in the lineup next year.

Yeah, I really hope he turns into a valuable major leaguer. He really seems like one of the higher floor guys in the entire system right now.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 06:05 PM)
Yeah, I really hope he turns into a valuable major leaguer. He really seems like one of the higher floor guys in the entire system right now.

With regards to position players, he's the only one with a high floor in the system, IMO

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 03:44 PM)
I'd guess that Chris Curley will go to AA to take that roster spot. Outside chance they go with Micah, but I kinda doubt it.

Yeah, that makes more sense to me

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/?podcast_url=h...mp;dcid=CBS.CHI

In case you missed the interview on Saturday, this is Asst. GM Buddy Bell talking with Chris Rongey on the White Sox weekly radio show.

Some pretty good answers regarding the state of the minor leagues, what they preach to the young hitters, and how Jim Thome is coming across to the prospects.

Currently, Bell and Thome are in AA Birmingham taking a look at Brandon Jacobs.

Recchia promoted to the Dash.

Sierra to the DL.

I'd guess a starter goes to Kanny from one of the rookie affiliates as well, but no word on that yet.

Also possible a starter from AA goes to AAA. Either that or Arroyo is out for more than one start. Seems unlikely they'd have Beck do just one start at AA, but you never know.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 09:32 AM)
Recchia promoted to the Dash.

Sierra to the DL.

I'd guess a starter goes to Kanny from one of the rookie affiliates as well, but no word on that yet.

Also possible a starter from AA goes to AAA. Either that or Arroyo is out for more than one start. Seems unlikely they'd have Beck do just one start at AA, but you never know.

Snodgrass would seem the most likely to be the one promoted if AAA does need another pitcher. See how he fares up there. Deserves the promotion.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 7, 2013 -> 04:13 PM)
Question: What happens with someone as young as Micker Zapata? Does he stay at a camp in the DR until he reaches a certain age and then comes up to the minors?

Will probably play in America this spring

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 7, 2013 -> 03:13 PM)
Question: What happens with someone as young as Micker Zapata? Does he stay at a camp in the DR until he reaches a certain age and then comes up to the minors?

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Aug 7, 2013 -> 03:22 PM)

This year he is in development camp.

Next spring, he could be in DSL, or state-side, depending on where they think he is development-wise. There is no definite answer, it depends on the player.

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Aug 7, 2013 -> 01:22 PM)

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 7, 2013 -> 01:30 PM)
This year he is in development camp.

Next spring, he could be in DSL, or state-side, depending on where they think he is development-wise. There is no definite answer, it depends on the player.

Thanks!