2013 Minor League Transactions

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 09:29 AM)
Only pitched 3 games there. He was OK. http://bis.npb.or.jp/eng/players/83385135.html

He was awful in Boston's system last year. He is essentially Dylan Axelrod.

I dont think he really needs to actually be good. Just pitch innings. A mid-4 ERA with 150 IP is probably all they can expect from him.

• 2 weeks later...

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 33m

MRI was clean but DeMichele and White Sox preferred that he return home to rehab so he’s ready for Spring Training.

Per White Sox, Joey DeMichele came back from his Australian Baseball League assignment with lower back issues.

QUOTE (Jim Busby @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 04:34 PM)
Did the Chicago White Sox Sign Simon Castro RP Again. He still on the (20) best Prospects

He wasn't an FA, they didn't have to re-sign him. He's still under team control. He certainly doesn't belong on any T20 list, though MLB.com may still have him there. I wouldn't completely rule him out as a reliever yet, he may find a way to make that work. But he's not even T30 for me, probably somewhere 30-40 (closer to 40) in this system, in my view.

QUOTE (chisoxfan310 @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 02:58 PM)
On his Baseball Reference page, it said he (Castro) was granted free agency so any top 20 list may not be completely updated yet.

I double-checked and you are correct, he was granted free agency. Per BA, he hasn't signed with anyone yet. My mistake.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 13, 2014 -> 09:52 AM)
White Sox released a whole bunch of minor league pitchers...

RHP: Cal Bowling, David Haselden, JR Ballinger, James Hudelson, Jason Van Skike, Jeremy Erben

LHP: Max Peterson, Todd Kibby

I saw Van Skike pitch multiple times in 2013 and 2012 for Kanny, got to speak with him as well, great guy, wish him all the best, one of the rare purely good people in this world