2013 Minor League Transactions

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://dashboard.mlblogs.com/2013/04/24/br...l-this-morning/

Righty Chris Beck, who will start this morning for the Dash, has dominated in his first three starts of 2013. The fourth-best pitching prospect in the White Sox system according to Baseball America, Beck has yet to allow an earned run in 18.2 innings.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 25, 2013 -> 02:43 PM)
OF Adam Heisler to Winston-Salem, per his own Twitter feed. Could mean an OF coming down from W-S to Kanny... Hawkins? Trying to find out from the teams. Could also be Rice going down, or could be a non-OF, or some other set of moves.

Kanny says Ruben Sierra Jr and Storm Throne joining team. No word on anyone coming off W-S roster, they may not have been at full capacity anyway.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 25, 2013 -> 02:49 PM)
Kanny says Ruben Sierra Jr and Storm Throne joining team. No word on anyone coming off W-S roster, they may not have been at full capacity anyway.

OK, got the full picture now:

--Bill Rice released

--Adam Heisler to W-S

--Storm Throne and Ruben Sierra Jr to Kanny

Throne is an interesting guy, big power arm with little refinement. But if he's there and not in rookie ball, they likely think he fixed some things in Arizona.

Heisler is a speedy leadoff type. OF in W-S is now Hawkins, Haddow and Heisler - 3H.

Sierra looks like a backup OF who played last year in the Frontier League.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 25, 2013 -> 08:56 PM)
OK, got the full picture now:

--Bill Rice released

--Adam Heisler to W-S

--Storm Throne and Ruben Sierra Jr to Kanny

Throne is an interesting guy, big power arm with little refinement. But if he's there and not in rookie ball, they likely think he fixed some things in Arizona.

Heisler is a speedy leadoff type. OF in W-S is now Hawkins, Haddow and Heisler - 3H.

Sierra looks like a backup OF who played last year in the Frontier League.

Kanny also release Michael Gunter, a RP

I don't know a ton about Gunter, other than he was an NDFA, and a side-armer. But man, his K numbers were huge at Bristol last year... made a brief appearance for B-Ham... and was racking up the K's this year too. All with decent control. I wonder what the story there is, seems like an odd release candidate.

Nello Gamberdino II ‏@npgsports

Michael Earley now has 5 multi-hit G out of the last 6 G for @BhamBarons. Hitting .359 with an OPS of 1.036. #WhiteSox #MiLB #Money

Stephen McCray (@McCrazy44) picked up 4th straight W for @BhamBarons. 6.1 IP, 1 ER, 3 H. Now has 2.30 ERA and .184 BAA. #WhiteSox #MiLB

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 29, 2013 -> 08:53 PM)
Nello Gamberdino II ‏@npgsports

Michael Earley now has 5 multi-hit G out of the last 6 G for @BhamBarons. Hitting .359 with an OPS of 1.036. #WhiteSox #MiLB #Money

Stephen McCray (@McCrazy44) picked up 4th straight W for @BhamBarons. 6.1 IP, 1 ER, 3 H. Now has 2.30 ERA and .184 BAA. #WhiteSox #MiLB

All Earley seems to need is a chance to play. He hit all of last year and seemed to drive in a lot of big runs. Doing the same this past week.

QUOTE (MnSoxFan @ Apr 29, 2013 -> 03:59 PM)
All Earley seems to need is a chance to play. He hit all of last year and seemed to drive in a lot of big runs. Doing the same this past week.

Right!! If Hawkins had numbers like that at W-S, FSB woould be going crazy.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 25, 2013 -> 05:00 PM)
I don't know a ton about Gunter, other than he was an NDFA, and a side-armer. But man, his K numbers were huge at Bristol last year... made a brief appearance for B-Ham... and was racking up the K's this year too. All with decent control. I wonder what the story there is, seems like an odd release candidate.

I seem to remember another NDFA from Samford that threw sidearm...

QUOTE (Jake @ May 1, 2013 -> 02:38 PM)
I seem to remember another NDFA from Samford that threw sidearm...

Haha, yes, he was an AAP of mine. But he was more submarine than Gunter is. And Wassermann made it all the way to the bigs, for a brief stint.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 2, 2013 -> 03:39 PM)
K-Town Intimidators ‏@Intimidators 16m

A couple roster moves to announce today, including a promotion to Winston-Salem. Who could it be? We'll tell you soon...

Micah Johnson?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2013 -> 10:50 AM)
Micah Johnson?

With DeMichele there? Doubt it.

More likely... Hawkins to DL, and Coats to W-S, if I had to guess. Then Hawkins may go to Kanny when he's back. That is just my guess by the way, no inside info here.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 2, 2013 -> 10:39 AM)
K-Town Intimidators ‏@Intimidators 16m

A couple roster moves to announce today, including a promotion to Winston-Salem. Who could it be? We'll tell you soon...

In now...

Ravelo to W-S, Tanner down to Kanny, Marjama to DL.

The Ravelo mystery tour continues. He was on DL. Not sure which position he plays in W-S.