Miami Steroid clinic thread

SOXOBAMA

Tyler Flowers is a known PED user. If you guaranteed me that Flowers would hit 30+ homers this year on steroids, sign me up for that deal today. That's about how I feel about this whole thing. I want these guys to entertain me. My favorite sport is football. Those guys are juiced to the gills, so I find it pretty hard for me to criticize a baseball player that takes something.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 29, 2013 -> 03:13 PM)
Do you think that this could get Melky Cabrera additional time suspended?

Yup. According to a Tom Verducci article

But the bigger shoe to fall is the one belonging to commissioner Bud Selig. The notebooks of Anthony Bosch are figuratively on his desk at this very moment. The man who in union with the players association has crafted the toughest anti-PED policies in pro sports has the power to suspend the players even without a positive test.

Under section 7.G.2 of the Joint Drug Agreement, the commissioner can rule for disciplinary action against a player for "just cause" in the cases of violations not specifically referenced in the JDA. Prescriptions and records of PED use and purchase fall under the "just cause" umbrella.

In 2009, for instance, Manny Ramirez entered an appeal of a test that showed an elevated level of testosterone. When an investigation of that appeal turned up a prescription from a doctor for a banned substance, Ramirez dropped his appeal and accepted the 50-game suspension. Ramirez was not banned because of the test, which technically was not entered as a positive, but because of the records of his prescription for hCG, a female fertility drug often used to kickstart testosterone production after steroid cycles.

Ramirez's doctor? Pedro Bosch, the father of Anthony Bosch.

According to Wallace Matthews and Andrew Marchand of ESPN New York, the Yankees "are looking at about 20 different things" that could void Alex Rodriguez's contract.

The Yankees aren't likely to have much luck on that front, even with new evidence tying A-Rod to recent PED purchases from a clinic in Miami. The veteran third baseman is owed a total of $114 million in salary through the 2017 season. And all of that is guaranteed.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL YOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Holy crap, man I've been busy the last couple days and this is a huge one.

Yeah, Gio isn't linked directly yet, but the statements are in te article saying "if you were goig to this doctor you were there for steroids".

I'm going to guess that it's no coincidence at all that MLB announced their new baseline testing right before this story came out. They probably knew this was about to break and that made it clear the union had no backing to disagree or say that the old testing had cleaned it up.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jan 30, 2013 -> 06:52 PM)
Didn't Gio's Dad have some other issues back when Gio was in High School or something?

That was his mom. She got in a public fight with his HS coach over his brother's playing time. The coach ended up kicking both Gio and his brother off the team as a result.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

I saw the ingredients for "Pink Cream" -- among a bunch of BS, Test E! lol I wonder if someone dumb enough to put amino acids in a topical would actually know how to topically deliver Test E. I've never known anyone to take that in a topical. Who knows, this whole thing is pretty weird. The dad thing is also weird.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 30, 2013 -> 08:53 PM)
I saw the ingredients for "Pink Cream" -- among a bunch of BS, Test E! lol I wonder if someone dumb enough to put amino acids in a topical would actually know how to topically deliver Test E. I've never known anyone to take that in a topical. Who knows, this whole thing is pretty weird. The dad thing is also weird.

If there was a cream that had included weed and cocaine and it said "rub this on your balls to get high" even though it was never going to get you high, what do you think that person's intentions were?

Don't be naive.

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan

BREAKING: Ryan Braun's name is in Biogenesis records and MLB will investigate his association with PED clinic. News

Names in records obtained by Yahoo! Sports also include Yankees catcher Francisco Cervelli and Orioles third baseman Danny Valencia.

While none of the records we obtained link Ryan Braun to specific PEDs like Alex Rodriguez, his inclusion will prompt an MLB investigation.

Braun statement:

“During the course of preparing for my successful appeal last year, my attorneys, who were previously familiar with Tony Bosch, used him as a consultant. More specifically, he answered questions about T/E ratio and possibilities of tampering with samples.

“There was a dispute over compensation for Bosch’s work, which is why my lawyer and I are listed under ‘moneys owed’ and not on any other list.

“I have nothing to hide and have never had any other relationship with Bosch.

“I will fully cooperate with any inquiry into this matter.”

I joking said to a friend of mine who is a Brewers fan - that with the latest news to come out - Braun should give his 2011 MVP award to Matt Kemp.

This resulted in an epic debate about Braun's percieved guilt - and it got me thinking (and looking up stats)...

Braun 2011: .332 / .397 / .597 / .994, 38 2B, 33 HR, 111 RBI, 33 SB ( fangraphs WAR 7.6 | BBref WAR 7.7 )

Kemp 2011: .324 / .399 / .586 / .986, 33 2B, 39 HR, 126 RBI, 40 SB ( fangraphs WAR 8.8 | BBref WAR 8.3 )

Braun's team won 94 games and won their division. Remove Braun's WAR form the team record and they win 89 games and still likely make the playoffs.

Kemp's team won 83 games and finished third. Remove Matt Kemp's WAR from the team record and the Dodgers finish 74-88, well below 500.

Braun hits in a offense-friendly park 82 times a year.

Kemp hits in a pitcher-friendly park 82 times a year.

Braun had a 5.2 oWAR guy hitting behind him all season.

Kemp had a 1.6 oWAR guy hitting behind him all season.

Matt Kemp was CLEARLY more deserving - juice or no juice.

Being a knee-jerk reactionary baseball fan... and as a Dodgers fan, I feel the same way about the 2003 MVP voting with Frank Thomas getting the shaft.

QUOTE (Jillian Michaels' Abs @ Feb 6, 2013 -> 11:37 AM)
I joking said to a friend of mine who is a Brewers fan - that with the latest news to come out - Braun should give his 2011 MVP award to Matt Kemp.

This resulted in an epic debate about Braun's percieved guilt - and it got me thinking (and looking up stats)...

Braun 2011: .332 / .397 / .597 / .994, 38 2B, 33 HR, 111 RBI, 33 SB ( fangraphs WAR 7.6 | BBref WAR 7.7 )

Kemp 2011: .324 / .399 / .586 / .986, 33 2B, 39 HR, 126 RBI, 40 SB ( fangraphs WAR 8.8 | BBref WAR 8.3 )

Braun's team won 96 games and won their division. Remove Braun's WAR form the team record and they win 89 games and still likely make the playoffs.

Kemp's team won 82 games and finished third. Remove Matt Kemp's WAR from the team record and the Dodgers finish 74-88, well below 500.

Braun hits in a offense-friendly park 82 times a year.

Kemp hits in a pitcher-friendly park 82 times a year.

Braun had a 5.2 oWAR guy hitting behind him all season.

Kemp had a 1.6 oWAR guy hitting behind him all season.

Matt Kemp was CLEARLY more deserving - juice or no juice.

Being a knee-jerk reactionary baseball fan... and as a Dodgers fan, I feel the same way about the 2000 MVP voting with Frank Thomas getting the shaft.

Just wanted to fix the mistakes for you :)