2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (BigHurtHOF @ Feb 4, 2013 -> 10:52 PM)
It looks like Alex Smith might be traded to the Jets for Revis and 2nd rd pick.

Welcome aboard...That said...Not a chance that happens. They'd be lucky to get a 2nd rounder, not a chance they also get the best corner in the league. Not sure where you heard this (nothing comes up when I search Alex Smith trade rumors) but chances are it's false.

WIth the new NFL year upon us, my Kansas City Chiefs are on the clock!

Really excited for workouts and the combine coming up. I think I'm gonna try and make it down to Radio City this year if I can.

Also, read that the Chiefs are going to bring Hussain Abdullah for a workout. He's a solid vet who inexplicably retired last year (I think it was for religious reasons?) who KC has first shot at since they have top waiver priority.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Feb 5, 2013 -> 07:30 AM)
WIth the new NFL year upon us, my Kansas City Chiefs are on the clock!

Really excited for workouts and the combine coming up. I think I'm gonna try and make it down to Radio City this year if I can.

Also, read that the Chiefs are going to bring Hussain Abdullah for a workout. He's a solid vet who inexplicably retired last year (I think it was for religious reasons?) who KC has first shot at since they have top waiver priority.

Who do you think the Chiefs will take with the #1 spot?

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 5, 2013 -> 09:27 AM)
Who do you think the Chiefs will take with the #1 spot?

As of right now, I think they are looking at trying to acquire a veteran QB (Smith, Vick) and take either Joeckel (if Brandon Albert leaves) or Loutelelei and then take a QB in the 2nd

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Feb 5, 2013 -> 09:06 AM)
As of right now, I think they are looking at trying to acquire a veteran QB (Smith, Vick) and take either Joeckel (if Brandon Albert leaves) or Loutelelei and then take a QB in the 2nd

Yeah, I think that would probably be the smartest thing. I don't any QB in this draft is worth a top 5 draft pick. Joeckel would be a smart pick.

I wanted to post this in the 12-13 NFL thread but it got closed. Just one last thought on the Ravens, they are a perfect example of why making it to the playoffs is so important, anything can happen, they beat 3 teams that most of the experts at one point or another in the season considered the best team in football. They were the underdog in every game except against the Colts.

It's all about playing your best at the right time.

OK, on to next season...GO BEARS! :headbang

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 5, 2013 -> 12:00 PM)
I think the Chiefs are going to try and trade down. Not a great year for it but with rookie salary cap, trading up for #1 isnt so cost prohibitive anymore.

I'd love if they could trade down, but are there enough teams willing to part with picks just to trade up in this draft? I still want KC to have a top 10 pick.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Feb 5, 2013 -> 12:00 PM)
I'd love if they could trade down, but are there enough teams willing to part with picks just to trade up in this draft? I still want KC to have a top 10 pick.

Teams will always trade up, its just a question of how much will KC ask for. If they are reasonable, they probably have a bunch of potential suitors.

For a team like KC, Id even suggest trading down if the pick values dont match exactly. Moving down 5 spots, and getting some extra 2/3s is invaluable in my opinion.

Its unlikely theyll get anything close to the RGIII package.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Feb 5, 2013 -> 11:15 AM)
How on Earth was Chris Spencer making over $4 million?

That's hideous. $4 million combined on worthless TEs and $7 million on a returner who could barely do that this year. That's a hilarious waste of $15 million.

On one hand, that's terrible. On the other, that means we have more room to bring good players in without sending good players out -- you can cut $15M in dead weight, essentially.