2013-2014 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 27, 2013 -> 01:25 PM)
The way it is being reported you would think this guy got caught with 10 kilos of china white, not a little weed.

I'd be willing to bet more than a few of Webb's teammates use marijuana on a recreational basis.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 27, 2013 -> 03:52 PM)
You dont need to have more than an for O even a felony to be charged. I believe that the police optionally can issue a ticket. Also you can be charged with distribution for having an amount vastly less than an oz if you have it in separate bags etc.

They are all just money makers, it just so they can force him to plead it down at a huge fine.

Well to be fair its up to 30 grams until its a felony, but I believe they almost automatically ticket up to 15.

Not more than 2.5 grams: Class C misdemeanor (up to 30 days in jail, fines up to $2500)

More than 2.5 grams but not more than 10 grams = Class B misdemeanor;

More than 10 grams but not more than 30 grams = Class A misdemeanor; (Subsequent offense = Class 4 Felony)

More than 30 grams but not more than 500 grams = Class 4 Felony; (Subsequent offense = Class 3 felony)

More than 500 grams but not more than 2,000 grams = Class 3 Felony;

More than 2,000 grams but not more than 5,000 grams = Class 2 Felony;

More than 5,000 grams = Class 1 Felony.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 27, 2013 -> 04:16 PM)
I'd be willing to bet more than a few of Webb's teammates use marijuana on a recreational basis.

This would concern me if I was going to keep him on the roster. I know most people don't think marijuana is a big deal but it has a major impact on athletes especially football players. The TCH in it drastically slows down the inflammation and healing process. This is why people can get a medical prescription for it for chronic inflammatory diseases. In football with the beating they take smoking it will slow down their recovery and extend injury times. Many NFL players would use it because it made their soreness the next day less but in reality it extended the problem. It's a short term feel good for long term bad effects.

We use to try to educate the players on it and some got it and others didn't. Sometimes there is a reason seemingly minor injuries take extra time to heal.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Feb 27, 2013 -> 07:19 PM)
This would concern me if I was going to keep him on the roster. I know most people don't think marijuana is a big deal but it has a major impact on athletes especially football players. The TCH in it drastically slows down the inflammation and healing process. This is why people can get a medical prescription for it for chronic inflammatory diseases. In football with the beating they take smoking it will slow down their recovery and extend injury times. Many NFL players would use it because it made their soreness the next day less but in reality it extended the problem. It's a short term feel good for long term bad effects.

We use to try to educate the players on it and some got it and others didn't. Sometimes there is a reason seemingly minor injuries take extra time to heal.

According to Pompei and a lot of other guys inside the NFL a lot didn't get it.

Dan Pompei ‏@danpompei

Re: J'Marcus Webb--if NFL teams cut every player who smoked dope, they might have to go with 33 man rosters instead of 53.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Feb 27, 2013 -> 06:43 PM)
According to Pompei and a lot of other guys inside the NFL a lot didn't get it.

Yes, most don't. Like I said, it isn't a league wide thing as they really don't care about it. It was just some of the medical staff that tried. Most of the players think that it is better for them the day after a game to decrease the soreness than a pain killer or pain reliever. They just don't realize how hard it is on their healing process and their cardiovascular system.

Webb, 24, was arrested Sunday night after police pulled him over for speeding on I-57. His 2007 Ford was clocked at 11 miles above the 65 mph speed limit about six hours south of Chicago, according to Paula Pilgram, executive secretary for the Pulaski County sheriff's office. After being pulled over, police found less that 2.5 grams of marijuana, Pilgram said, reading from a police report.

Per Tribune

Puzzles me how he got out of it so quickly.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 27, 2013 -> 10:07 PM)
I read I57 and just cringe.

Those bastards in effingham got so many of my friends, and they finally got me with the airplane cop. My wife told me as I was pulling away with my ticket "Oooooh I thought it was weird that there was a blue plane following us for a little while"

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 27, 2013 -> 10:00 PM)
Yea you guys obviously never drove through So Illinois, lol

Well I did go to Siu so there is that, I always felt safe going 75 maybe slow down if I see a cop but that would be after he would have been able to clock me speeding. The only time I'd go slower is when school first started/ended and start/end of Christmas break because cops hate students.

I absolutely will not speed on Illinois Interstates, ever. I drive 65. Yes, even watch the Interstate limit in Chicago. 55 right? I always get to my destination.

Wow. My cousin is a state cop in Indiana and if you aren't at least 12 over the speed limit they won't even look up from their coffee. Besides, the way traffic laws are in Indiana they make about 3x as much money from ticketing semis as cars, so some will even ignore cars speeding up to 20 over just to not take time away from the opportunity to pull over a semi.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Feb 27, 2013 -> 10:23 PM)
Well I did go to Siu so there is that, I always felt safe going 75 maybe slow down if I see a cop but that would be after he would have been able to clock me speeding. The only time I'd go slower is when school first started/ended and start/end of Christmas break because cops hate students.

When I used to drive down to school in Champaign, I would always try to keep it in the 70-72 range, never got stopped.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 28, 2013 -> 07:00 AM)
Driving south on 57 and 55 are speed trap heaven. Need to be careful down there.

As for in Chicago? Pedal to metal man.

This. I got pulled over maybe a half hour out of Missouri on a drive to Indiana. After having a speed limit of 70 in Missouri, I forgot to adjust speed and got hit for 10 miles over.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 27, 2013 -> 10:15 PM)
Those bastards in effingham got so many of my friends, and they finally got me with the airplane cop. My wife told me as I was pulling away with my ticket "Oooooh I thought it was weird that there was a blue plane following us for a little while"

I usually stayed around 70 so never got pulled over, plus I knew pretty much every sport on the way to SIU they would hide.

Loved when they would sit on exit ramp of the one rest area way down near Mt Vernon.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Feb 28, 2013 -> 07:34 AM)
Most of them. I have friends and my gf has a couple family members in law enforcement. 10 over is the limit.

Well apparently you know the worst kind, but at least when it comes to highway cops most I've talked to or read about say 20mph is the cushion they give which is why I always stuck with only going 75 down 57 and never had a problem.

When I drive to Memphis on 55/57 (both interstates are equidistant for me, so I take 57 if the weather is decent and/or it is light out because I have to take 20 miles of two-lane roads to get to it)...I keep it at 70 until I get to Missouri, then I let it eat.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 28, 2013 -> 07:40 AM)
I usually stayed around 70 so never got pulled over, plus I knew pretty much every sport on the way to SIU they would hide.

Loved when they would sit on exit ramp of the one rest area way down near Mt Vernon.

Yeah I knew the spots too. Except for the air.