2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 03:22 PM)
Jay Cutler looked pretty darn good after coming off an injury and weeks of inaction.

But IIRC, Cutler had at least practiced (although he was limited) the week before, no?

That said, we are talking about Aaron Rodgers.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 01:38 PM)
So because Jay looked good means EVERY QB will respond the same...

He's a better QB than Cutler, they're fighting for their playoff lives, and Pittsburgh is not very good. Heck, Tomlin may give some of his bench guys more reps since their season is over, just to see what he has in them.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 10:01 AM)
True, but they were still reeling from losing Melton and Collins. Ratliff has really made his presence felt since he started playing.

The Bears need Briggs back and another solid game from Ratliff to win at Philly. If that happens, we're going to knock off the Packers at home, but I'm not optimistic about this Sunday night.

I think Alshon is very shy, or quiet. They had one of the female reporters on CSN talk to him, and she mentioned that she was happy he opened up to her, because he is a quiet guy in the locker room, or something along those lines.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 02:27 PM)
Alshon definitely wasn't prepared and he definitely didn't care.

Or maybe he's just a super boring person.

QUOTE (Greyone @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 02:41 PM)
I think Alshon is very shy, or quiet. They had one of the female reporters on CSN talk to him, and she mentioned that she was happy he opened up to her, because he is a quiet guy in the locker room, or something along those lines.

I'd take a quiet, reserved guy over a Deon Sanders type of personality any day.

QUOTE (Greyone @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 04:41 PM)

Which is not common with receivers.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 08:49 AM)
I think he has like 19 or 20 career 4th quarter comebacks.

The problem is that the media treats the Cowboys like they are still some powerhouse franchise, when they are mediocre as they come. In the last 17 seasons, they are 135-135 in the regular season with one playoff win.

I agree that the Cowboys get WAY too much attention and every preseason they are usually considered one of the best, but no matter what, the media and fans and most everyone who doesn't have access to a statistics database laughs at Romo no matter what. It's fair to say the Cowboys are overrated, because they usually are, but Romo gets more s*** shoveled on him than any athlete I've seen.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 10:09 AM)
Lol, no.

I love how Cowboy fans feel about Romo in relation to everyone else.

You realize most Cowboys fans hate Romo right? Most want him released and believe in the idea that this team would be better off with ANYONE else. Those dumb fans listen to the dumb recycled narrative from the media that says "The Cowboys will never win with Romo!!!". No. The Cowboys will never win the defense they run out there pretty much ever year. The Cowboys would never have made the playoffs in the last decade without Romo.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 06:30 PM)
You realize most Cowboys fans hate Romo right? Most want him released and believe in the idea that this team would be better off with ANYONE else. Those dumb fans listen to the dumb recycled narrative from the media that says "The Cowboys will never win with Romo!!!". No. The Cowboys will never win the defense they run out there pretty much ever year. The Cowboys would never have made the playoffs in the last decade without Romo.

Every single one of the Cowboys fans I know defends him irrationally whenever he is brought up and often when he wasn't even part of the conversation to begin, so no.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 07:42 AM)
Every single one of the Cowboys fans I know defends him irrationally whenever he is brought up and often when he wasn't even part of the conversation to begin, so no.

Yep. This is the case with me too. I don't know a lot of Cowboys fans, but the ones I do know absolutely love him. One of my buddies tried to actually argue that Romo was in the Rodgers, Brady, Manning class of QBs.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 09:04 AM)
Yep. This is the case with me too. I don't know a lot of Cowboys fans, but the ones I do know absolutely love him. One of my buddies tried to actually argue that Romo was in the Rodgers, Brady, Manning class of QBs.

It's as if they take personal offense if you point out he just made a bad play. Completely irrational.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 08:12 AM)
All the Cowboys fans I know talk about Romo as if he's better than Peyton Manning the week after a Cowboys win yet the same people talk about him as if he's worse than Rex Grossman the week after a loss.

how dare you sully the good name of Rex Grossman

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 07:42 AM)

I live in San Antonio and about 90% of the Cowboys fans I talk to loathe Romo.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 01:27 PM)
Although if they care about the #3 or #4 seed, then it's not meaningless.

Why does a Cowboys win make the game meaningless for the Eagles? Is it because the Eagles/Cowboys meet up in the last game so if the Cowboys win, either way it comes down to who wins next Sunday?

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 02:07 PM)
But IIRC, Cutler had at least practiced (although he was limited) the week before, no?

That said, we are talking about Aaron Rodgers.

Rodgers has been practicing, hasn't he? He'll come in and dominate. He's arguably the best QB in the NFL.