2013-2014 NFL Thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 12:45 PM)
do you think this is overly cautious care because Flynn has been winning, or do you think something else is going on

I think they are being overly cautious because it's Aaron Rodgers. I don't think they want to gamble with any sort of long term damage.

I doubt he plays the rest of the season, unless they make the playoffs.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 12:52 PM)
I think they are being overly cautious because it's Aaron Rodgers. I don't think they want to gamble with any sort of long term damage.

Even if playoffs are on the line next week?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 12:56 PM)
Even if playoffs are on the line next week?

He won't start unless he is cleared by the doctors. I could even see the case where they wouldn't start him in the playoffs if they didn't feel he was ready.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 12:52 PM)

I suspect you are right, and that is the smart thing to do.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 01:39 PM)
I suspect you are right, and that is the smart thing to do.

As a fan it's aggravating, but it's the right thing to do.

Packers will be in the playoffs every year as long as Aaron Rodgers is healthy.

It's also going to be hilarious when the Packers win the division with Matt Flynn as QB. :lol:

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 01:43 PM)

It's also going to be hilarious when the Packers win the division with Matt Flynn as QB. :lol:

Division? Super bowl of the universe.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 03:43 PM)

you guys beat the falcons and the cowboys and now that means winning the division? nope.

and you will be lucky to make the playoffs half the time during rodgers career. Heard the same nonsense with favre after the late 90s run.

You are probably bummed that Rodgers is such a quitter. :)

There is zero chance the Packers beat the Bears without Rodgers.*

*Unless the Bears already have the division locked up.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 02:37 PM)
Cause the Bears were a great run defense this year before he got hurt.

True but they were running Landon Cohen and some other guy i cant remember at the moment out there instead of Ratliff and Paea. So the middle is a little more stout than it was

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 02:37 PM)
Cause the Bears were a great run defense this year before he got hurt.

They were giving up an average of 102 yards in the 6 games before he got hurt. That would be top 10 currently.

E: And they held 4/6 opponents to under 4 ypc and the only opponent to average over 5 per carry was right after the Melton injury. The bears on the year are giving up over 5 ypc. That's a pretty huge difference.

Edited by Boogua

QUOTE (Boogua @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 02:47 PM)
They were giving up an average of 102 yards in the 6 games before he got hurt. That would be top 10 currently.

E: And they held 4/6 opponents to under 4 ypc and the only opponent to average over 5 per carry was right after the Melton injury. The bears on the year are giving up over 5 ypc. That's a pretty huge difference.

Didn't Reggie Bush, Brandon Jacobs, Adrian Peterson and Alfred Morris all run for 100 yards those first 6 weeks?

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 03:09 PM)
Didn't Reggie Bush, Brandon Jacobs, Adrian Peterson and Alfred Morris all run for 100 yards those first 6 weeks?

Morris was in week 7 (which was when Briggs got hurt). Jacobs had 106 and Peterson had 100 on the nose. Bush and the lions averaged over 5 ypc, but like I said, that was the game after Melton got hurt. Just because somebody gets 100 on you (Peterson) doesn't make it a good game (3.8 ypc).

QUOTE (Boogua @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 03:22 PM)
Morris was in week 7 (which was when Briggs got hurt). Jacobs had 106 and Peterson had 100 on the nose. Bush and the lions averaged over 5 ypc, but like I said, that was the game after Melton got hurt. Just because somebody gets 100 on you (Peterson) doesn't make it a good game (3.8 ypc).

Just because you had 3.8 ypc doesn't mean you had a bad game either.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 12:43 PM)
True but they were running Landon Cohen and some other guy i cant remember at the moment out there instead of Ratliff and Paea. So the middle is a little more stout than it was

But based on Mexsoxfan's logic, Briggs will likely be very rusty and ineffective after not playing for so long. Or maybe that only applies to other teams and not Bears players. *shrugs*

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 03:29 PM)
But based on Mexsoxfan's logic, Briggs will likely be very rusty and ineffective after not playing for so long. Or maybe that only applies to other teams and not Bears players. *shrugs*

I dont doubt Rodgers could come back and be very good to great right away, at all. I am kind of worried about Briggs with "speed of the game", but I think his true benefit is both taking Greene off the field and makign sure Bostic is in the right spot on the field.