2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 26, 2013 -> 01:35 PM)
now twitter is confused, and isnt sure if Rodgers is starting. McCarthy delaying his press conference

@BradBiggs

#Packers announce Aaron Rodgers was full participation in practice today

@BradBiggs

#Packers coach Mike McCarthy names Aaron Rodgers starting quarterback for Sunday's game vs #Bears at Soldier Field.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 26, 2013 -> 12:26 PM)
Well Shea, you have one job.

Not only Shea, the whole Bears defense should try to break Rodgers, not through a dirty play but every time you have a chance at Rodgers, you make sure you drive him to the ground.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 26, 2013 -> 01:45 PM)
Not only Shea, the whole Bears defense should try to break Rodgers, not through a dirty play but every time you have a chance at Rodgers, you make sure you drive him to the ground.

Driving a QB to the ground IS a dirty play and a 15 yard penalty according to NFL rules. Here's an idea, why not just try to win the game without purposely trying to injure somebody?

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Dec 26, 2013 -> 01:51 PM)
Driving a QB to the ground IS a dirty play and a 15 yard penalty according to NFL rules. Here's an idea, why not just try to win the game without purposely trying to injure somebody?

I call it finishing a tackle ;)

Payback for Martin/McMahon is long overdue...

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 26, 2013 -> 01:54 PM)
I call it finishing a tackle ;)

Payback for Martin/McMahon is long overdue...

What does the Martin/McMahon incident have to do with this game? Oh yea, absolutely nothing. It was more than 25 years ago. Jim McMahon went on to win another Super Bowl ring with the Packers and Charles Martin is dead. I think that issue has been more than settled.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Dec 26, 2013 -> 02:00 PM)
What does the Martin/McMahon incident have to do with this game? Oh yea, absolutely nothing. It was more than 25 years ago. Jim McMahon went on to win another Super Bowl ring with the Packers and Charles Martin is dead. I think that issue has been more than settled.

Says a Packers fan...

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Dec 26, 2013 -> 02:01 PM)
Rodgers, Cobb, Nelson, Jones and Lacy vs Cutler, Marshall, Jeffrey, Forte and Bennett? I'm taking Rodgers and Co. every time.

Rodgers is what puts your group over, our O weapons other than QB spot are just as dangerous as yours. This game may very well go down to whose D steps up more. Unfortunately for us, our D is historically bad while GB's just sucks. :lol:

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 26, 2013 -> 02:08 PM)
Rodgers is what puts your group over, our O weapons other than QB spot are just as dangerous as yours. This game may very well go down to whose D steps up more. Unfortunately for us, our D is historically bad while GB's just sucks. :lol:

I pretty much agree with that. Though if I were to draft one player out of those groups besides Rodgers, give me Cobb over everybody. I don't think we've even seen half of what he's capable of yet.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Dec 26, 2013 -> 02:15 PM)
I pretty much agree with that. Though if I were to draft one player out of those groups besides Rodgers, give me Cobb over everybody. I don't think we've even seen half of what he's capable of yet.

Same goes for Jeffery, who I'm taking over Cobb.