2013-2014 NFL Thread

Bears pick 14, what position do you address (I know it is real early). I'm not a huge college football follower, and I know it is hard to suggest a player without knowing who is officially coming out, but those that follow any stud D-linemen worthy of that pick, what about Safety/ Cornerbacks. Those three positions are the biggest need right now, though Bowman played really well these last few months.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 30, 2013 -> 02:00 PM)
So First Year coaches and their win differential between last year

Marc Trestman -2

Mike McCoy +1

Andy Reid +9

Bruce Arians +5

Gus Bradley +2

Chip Kelley+6

Doug Marrone - no change

Rob Chudzinski -1*

*Fired

Posted without comment.

So basically Marc Trestman is an idiot for taking over a 10-win team, instead of 2 to 4 win team?

QUOTE (Greyone @ Dec 30, 2013 -> 03:06 PM)
Bears pick 14, what position do you address (I know it is real early). I'm not a huge college football follower, and I know it is hard to suggest a player without knowing who is officially coming out, but those that follow any stud D-linemen worthy of that pick, what about Safety/ Cornerbacks. Those three positions are the biggest need right now, though Bowman played really well these last few months.

Quarterback?

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 30, 2013 -> 02:26 PM)
This.

Even if the Bears would've won yesterday, I would'nt expect us to beat SF. High scoring teams with crap defenses don't go far in the postseason. GB is gonna get GOREd to death.

GB is a better team by a lot right now than they were in weeks 13-16, for example. That has to be something of a worry, and it's a homegame for them.

QUOTE (Greyone @ Dec 30, 2013 -> 02:06 PM)

Stephon Tuitt and Kony Ealy are two DEs I'm sure the Bears will look at. Maybe Ha Ha Clinton-Dix if they really want a safety. If the Bears elect to stay a cover two team then it is unlikely they go CB in the first round.

All of this is too early to speculate though because of the combine, interviews, and the senior bowl.

The irritating thing about replay challenges is that on the Jeffrey play if they give him a TD it is a booth review automatically and the ball could be moved back, by making what those nitwits thought was the right call it cost bears a timeout and what would have been their last challenge. Bears lost the touchback challenge which they should have won.

To b**** further, when a ball is on the field and nobody is playing it, it is a dead ball...not sure that play should have been that call. Here is my problem there. If boykins picks it up and the whistle had blown and peppers creams him it is a penalty think rogers BS late hit.

QUOTE (Greyone @ Dec 30, 2013 -> 03:06 PM)

HaHa Clinton-Dix, Louis Nix, Rashede Hageman, or Darqueeze Denard are the guys I'm hoping for in the 1st round.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 30, 2013 -> 02:10 PM)
GB is a better team by a lot right now than they were in weeks 13-16, for example. That has to be something of a worry, and it's a homegame for them.

Eh, the 49ers have looked like the best team in football since Crabtree has come back. They also beat GB early in the season without Crabtree while GB had a healthy Matthews.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Dec 30, 2013 -> 02:19 PM)
Eh, the 49ers have looked like the best team in football since Crabtree has come back. They also beat GB early in the season without Crabtree while GB had a healthy Matthews.

They almost lost to the Cardinals yesterday after being up 17-0. Green Bay will have a chance, although I still think the Niners will run all over them.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 30, 2013 -> 02:18 PM)
The irritating thing about replay challenges is that on the Jeffrey play if they give him a TD it is a booth review automatically and the ball could be moved back, by making what those nitwits thought was the right call it cost bears a timeout and what would have been their last challenge. Bears lost the touchback challenge which they should have won.

To b**** further, when a ball is on the field and nobody is playing it, it is a dead ball...not sure that play should have been that call. Here is my problem there. If boykins picks it up and the whistle had blown and peppers creams him it is a penalty think rogers BS late hit.

Wait, if the ball is on the ground and nobody is playing it, it is a dead ball? Wut?

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 30, 2013 -> 02:23 PM)
Wait, if the ball is on the ground and nobody is playing it, it is a dead ball? Wut?

No ball is dead until the whistle's blown. No whistle was blown, so that's not a dead ball.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 30, 2013 -> 02:19 PM)
Yup, it's unbelievable actually.

Coaches are paid so much money and there is so much at stake each season to make the playoffs, yet they just make the most simple mistakes that have such a large effect on a team's chances of winning. I realize they have a lot of different things going on in their head, maybe they should hire an assistant whose only job is late-game time/score management.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 30, 2013 -> 02:23 PM)
They almost lost to the Cardinals yesterday after being up 17-0. Green Bay will have a chance, although I still think the Niners will run all over them.

The Cardinals are a very good team that was playing at home. That same Cardinals team was able to knock off Seattle in Seattle.

Sure, Green Bay will have a chance because it's the NFL. It will be a pretty small chance.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 30, 2013 -> 02:10 PM)

Meh, GB's defense is garbage. SF is a balanced team, solid offense and defense. Gore is going to go ham on that D.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Dec 30, 2013 -> 02:51 PM)
Indeed, barring a FA signing(Bears will have $$ even if they sign/franchise Cutler), HaHa makes the most sense.

Stick TJ Ward next to him, or Jarius Byrd. And then forgot this travesty of a safety combination