2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 6, 2013 -> 10:10 AM)
Releases starting to trickle out

Browns DE Frostee Rucker

Giants MLB Michael Boley

Lions WR Titus Young (picked up by Rams already)

Lions ORG Steven Peterman

Obviously Calvin Johnson is a top WR, but other than that the Lions have done a pretty awful job of using higher draft picks on WRs. At least the Bears s***ty WRs were all lower picks and they weren't f***ing crazy.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 6, 2013 -> 12:15 PM)
Obviously Calvin Johnson is a top WR, but other than that the Lions have done a pretty awful job of using higher draft picks on WRs. At least the Bears s***ty WRs were all lower picks and they weren't f***ing crazy.

Apparently Young told his HS football coach that he thinks he is better than Megatron

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 6, 2013 -> 12:15 PM)

Roy Williams was pretty damn good. Had a couple really good seasons with them, then got them a 1st, 3rd, and 6th round draft pick (which was turned into Gosder Cherilus, Derrick Williams, and Aaron Brown, so yes, you're right)

QUOTE (Jake @ Feb 6, 2013 -> 12:16 PM)
On one hand, that's terrible. On the other, that means we have more room to bring good players in without sending good players out -- you can cut $15M in dead weight, essentially.

Cutting those guys only frees up around 7M I believe. 11 if you take into account that Spencer is a FA.

An interesting number to point out...The Bears, ATM, have 50M in cap for the following year, with Cutler, Peanut, Jennings, and Wooton as the free agents. If Cutler doesn't pull a Flacco and is all of a sudden a 20M a year player they could have a lot of wiggle room to sign guys this year and next.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 6, 2013 -> 12:20 PM)
Roy Williams was pretty damn good. Had a couple really good seasons with them, then got them a 1st, 3rd, and 6th round draft pick (which was turned into Gosder Cherilus, Derrick Williams, and Aaron Brown, so yes, you're right)

Yeah, I forgot about Roy Boy. I was putting Titus into the mold with Mike Williams & Charles Rogers.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 6, 2013 -> 12:28 PM)
Yeah, I forgot about Roy Boy. I was putting Titus into the mold with Mike Williams & Charles Rogers.

Atleast they didn't spend a top 10 pick on him like they did those two. Still, they've been absolutely wonderful about picking up high character guys, haven't they?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 6, 2013 -> 01:29 PM)
Atleast they didn't spend a top 10 pick on him like they did those two. Still, they've been absolutely wonderful about picking up high character guys, haven't they?

Are we talking about the same guy?

Williams was drafted 7th overall in the first round of the 2004 NFL Draft by the Detroit Lions. [2] Many draft experts considered the pick a bold move since they had drafted Charles Rogers with the 2nd overall pick the year before.

I think the good news for the Bears this off-season is that there is a ton of available OT/OGs in free agency (quality ones) and in the draft, they are in a good position to get a good OLman (Lane Johnson, Warmack if he somehow dropped, Cooper or Fluker).

Would love to add Levitre and Cherilus via free agency. If you cut Hester, Davis and Spaeth, you probably can re-sign Melton too.

Draft an OL in the first round and the line looks solid.

OT in R.1

Cherilus-Levitre-Garza-Louis-Fluker/Johnson

OG in R.1

Cherilus-Leivtre-Garza-Cooper/Warmack-Webb

Edited by maggsmaggs

Rams claim WR Titus Young: C- Grade

I'm not surprised the Rams claimed the recently waived Titus Young, as they've taken chances on poor-character players during their current regime. Jeff Fisher has seemed to have rehabbed Janoris Jenkins, so the thinking is that he'll be able to do the same for Young, which would give Sam Bradford a borderline No. 1 wideout talent to throw to. There's little financial risk here, so why not take a chance on the 23-year-old Boise State product?

Well, the problem is that unlike Jenkins, who had drug problems, Young is a terrible person, as I'd say he's half-scumbag, half-psychopath. What if he sabotages a potential victory for the Rams like he did in Detroit? What if his awful attitude spreads throughout the St. Louis locker room? There's just way too much downside to this transaction to give the Rams any sort of positive grade.

-Walterfootball

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 6, 2013 -> 04:38 PM)
@ProFootballTalk

Giants release Ahmad Bradshaw, per source with knowledge of transaction.

@JennyVrentas

Giants have also released Chris Canty. #nyg

No real surprise with the Bradshaw release, Wilson and Brown look like they can be pretty good backs.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 7, 2013 -> 02:45 PM)
Cutler proposed via text and sent his fiancee the ring in the mail.

And some people send messages over the big screen at a sporting event and pop the question in front of 40k of their not-so closest friends. Lots of odd ways people pop the question. His fiancee should be the only one that it matters to.