2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Bears no longer have the NFL's smallest stadium!!!

O.co Coliseum (aka Oakland Coliseum) to become the smallest venue in NFL

Mount Davis, an expansive seating area that spans across the Oakland Athletics' outfield at the O.co Coliseum, has seemingly garnered controversy since the expansion of the joint stadium for the Raiders and A's in 1996.

In 2013, a portion of the 10,000 seat section could be blocked off in an effort by the Raiders to adjust the stadium's capacity for home games, according to CSNBayArea.com. The adjustment could lower the stadium capacity to roughly 53,200 for Raiders' games next season.

With a capacity of 63,132, the Coliseum had the second-lowest seating total in the NFL in 2012 (Soldier Field had the lowest at 61,500). The Raiders ranked 32nd in attendance per game this past season (54,216) and 29th in stadium capacity percentage (86.0). Oakland has ranked 28th or worse in the latter category in four of the last five seasons.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 7, 2013 -> 03:07 PM)
For the second time, they were already engaged previously.

I actually didn't have a problem with it, because I know a lot of couples that know they're getting married before the question so they don't care as much about it.

Just funny that ESPN had to pry into his life and GO "OMG LOOK AT DAT BUM CULTER"

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 7, 2013 -> 06:07 PM)
Bad idea. We need offensive linemen.

The way you get to that point is the Bears spend their $20 million in cap space on Melton and an O-lineman, leaving them no room to sign Urlacher and thus a major need for LB.

And even then I wouldnt take Teo in the first round.

My guess is he does not run fast 40. Right now draft scout has his time between 4.65 and 4.85

If he is near higher end he may not even be a 2nd round pick.

All things being considered Id rather have Mike Taylor from Wisconsin, who will run a very similar 40 time, who was one of the top Big10 lbs and who you wont have to pay a stupid premium for because he wasnt a Heisman finalist.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 7, 2013 -> 07:57 PM)

My guess is he does not run fast 40. Right now draft scout has his time between 4.65 and 4.85

Just for the sake of comparison, Urlacher had a 4.59 40 at the combine.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

All things being considered Id rather have Mike Taylor from Wisconsin, who will run a very similar 40 time, who was one of the top Big10 lbs and who you wont have to pay a stupid premium for because he wasnt a Heisman finalist.

Urlacher wasn't a physical specimen or a guy who ran a 4.4, he came out as a smart player who finished his tackle. Hating on Teo has become a national past-time, but he has the football smarts (and those only) to captain an NFL defense.

That said, there's bigger fish to fry in the first round than MLB, but he'd fit in there nicely.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 8, 2013 -> 09:48 AM)
Urlacher wasn't a physical specimen or a guy who ran a 4.4, he came out as a smart player who finished his tackle. Hating on Teo has become a national past-time, but he has the football smarts (and those only) to captain an NFL defense.

That said, there's bigger fish to fry in the first round than MLB, but he'd fit in there nicely.

Are you sure?

I remember him being regarded as quite a physical specimen...a former safety that was big enough to play linebacker but still had tremendous speed...I remember him being thought of as quite the freak athletically and no one wanted to come out and say it, but especially for being a white guy, which is why the media hyped him up so much.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 8, 2013 -> 07:44 AM)
Just for the sake of comparison, Urlacher had a 4.59 40 at the combine.

4.59 would be almost a tenth of a second faster than the fastest time ever posted for Te'o.

Here is Urlacher:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dspro...&genpos=olb

Here is Te'O

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dspro...&genpos=ILB

Notice that I was using Te'os best listed time, they actually have him at 4.7. Further Urlacher's best 40 was 4.5 flat

Perhaps you are misremembering. Urlacher was a safety who was fast enough to return kicks in college. He was drafted on the belief that his extreme athletic abilities would translate to linebacker. Prior to NFL I do not believe he had actually played MLB, which is why many projected him as an OLB. Hence draft scouts ranking of him as OLB not MLB.

He is about the exact opposite of Te'O.

And this isnt because of anything Te'O did off the field. Ive watched him play, I just dont think he is worth a first round pick. And I think that after the pro day/combine, most draft experts will be in agreement with me.

Shack,

Your version is the correct version.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 8, 2013 -> 07:53 AM)
Are you sure?

I remember him being regarded as quite a physical specimen...a former safety that was big enough to play linebacker but still had tremendous speed...I remember him being thought of as quite the freak athletically and no one wanted to come out and say it, but especially for being a white guy, which is why the media hyped him up so much.

Thats what he was. He was a stud athlete who people didn't know whether he'd be able to play LB or not and figured he would be too big to be a pro safety. He sucked early with the Bears, when they were playing him on the outside, moved him to MLB, and the rest is history.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 8, 2013 -> 01:14 AM)
The way you get to that point is the Bears spend their $20 million in cap space on Melton and an O-lineman, leaving them no room to sign Urlacher and thus a major need for LB.

I don't know I'd consider that a major need. I really didn't notice a drop-off last year without him.

Teo's football smarts were greatly increased by two of the best DTs in the country taking blockers out left & right.

Mike Taylor and Te'o are totally different players.

I don't even think Taylor will be drafted.