PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT TODAY!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (OsweGo-Go Sox @ Feb 12, 2013 -> 09:35 AM)
I'm quite thankful for the WBC this year--whatever your feelings about it are, it's a hell of a lot more exciting to watch than spring training games, which get excruciating after the first or second one.

It is better than spring training, but it would be so much better if players actually gave a s*** about it.

QUOTE (flavum @ Feb 12, 2013 -> 12:24 PM)
I'm going to try to stay away from those webcasts...spring training is way too long. There are enough televised games the last couple weeks before opening day.

But I'm sure Melton will call Snodgress--Snodgrass.

Troncoso and Tekotte will also give him problems.

Oh God...

Bill Melton makes my brain hurt.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Feb 12, 2013 -> 09:26 AM)
Can't wait for those long summer days when you sit in the couch and veg out watching the ball game with a cold Hacker-Pschorr and the laptop posting in the game thread on soxtalk...

I'm sorry, I can't understand what you're typing because of dat ass in your avatar.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 12, 2013 -> 08:48 AM)
This is like going to the bar to try and hook up with a super hot chick and ending the night with a handjob from a fat chick. It's NOT what you were hoping for, but it'll do.

That is one great analogy. Fat chicks aren't my thing, though, in any instance.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Feb 13, 2013 -> 12:01 PM)
Good role models and examples to the others

The pitching machine is broken & nothing is coming out, but Paulie is in there toughin' it out taking hacks anyway. The mechanics are there now & all ready to go but they're going to wait until the end of the day before making a move out of respect for the Captain.

Meghan Montemurro ‏@M_Montemurro

Hahn: [Ventura] was pretty clear he just wants to make sure he's right guy when that time comes around. His focus isn't on 2015 at this time

Dan Hayes ‏@DanHayesCSN

Rick Hahn confirmed @ChuckGarfien's report Robin Ventura was offered/turned down extension; satisfied w/ Ventura's reasoning. #WhiteSox

Mark Gonzales ‏@MDGonzales

RV confirmed he turned down 1-year extension. He was flattered by offer but prefers to focus on now as well as taking care of coaching staff