2013 MLB Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 7, 2013 -> 12:52 PM)
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Source confirms report by @Joelsherman1: #Yankees' Rivera indeed plans to announce retirement on Saturday.

After the season.

The full season retirement tour is kind of annoying. The Chipper Jones victory tour became pretty self-serving.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 7, 2013 -> 12:57 PM)
After the season.

The full season retirement tour is kind of annoying. The Chipper Jones victory tour became pretty self-serving.

After a career that he has had, I think it's deserving. As it would be for Mariano.

QUOTE (IowanSoxFan @ Mar 9, 2013 -> 12:54 PM)
Has anyone been following the WBC?

Not really, but I just saw Canada and Mexico get into a huge bench-clearing brawl.

GM's cringing all over baseball.

I understand why they want to make the game more international, but for the American fan, I don't see the appeal.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 9, 2013 -> 05:12 PM)
Not really, but I just saw Canada and Mexico get into a huge bench-clearing brawl.

I understand why they want to make the game more international, but for the American fan, I don't see the appeal.

Mexicans fighting Canadians? Seems like a good reason for Americans to watch. I'll have to catch some highlights.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 9, 2013 -> 06:12 PM)

Compared to the first year they did this, the quality of play they're getting from the non-incredible teams is impressive.

Whether we pay attention or not, it seems like the WBC is seriously helping improve international baseball and probably interest in baseball internationally as well.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 9, 2013 -> 07:35 PM)
Compared to the first year they did this, the quality of play they're getting from the non-incredible teams is impressive.

Whether we pay attention or not, it seems like the WBC is seriously helping improve international baseball and probably interest in baseball internationally as well.

33% of Japanese households watched their last game. All other countries follow it as well but the babying of pitchers in the USA will keep it from actually being cool.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 9, 2013 -> 07:35 PM)

Kind of true, but look at the Italy roster. Most aren't Italians, but Americans with Italian descent.

The brawl is the biggest attention the WBC is going to draw.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 9, 2013 -> 09:16 PM)
Kind of true, but look at the Italy roster. Most aren't Italians, but Americans with Italian descent.

The brawl is the biggest attention the WBC is going to draw.

Only one player on the Spanish roster was actually born in Spain.