Ever been to a sporting event by yourself?

zenryan

I have to run over to Tampa this afternoon for a bit for work and was thinking about going to the Bruins-Lightning game tonight. Cant be that bad,right?

I'm sure a baseball game would be more relaxing but you know, its not baseball season.

I use to travel a lot for business and went to games on a fairly regular basis. It was weird at first but I wound up having some cool times. Every so often I would meet someone else solo. For me it was better than sitting in the hotel bar.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Feb 21, 2013 -> 12:30 PM)
I have to run over to Tampa this afternoon for a bit for work and was thinking about going to the Bruins-Lightning game tonight. Cant be that bad,right?

I'm sure a baseball game would be more relaxing but you know, its not baseball season.

Hockey is the best sport to see live. Go.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 21, 2013 -> 02:20 PM)
Hockey is the best sport to see live. Go.

Yeah, I went to the Panthers-Toronto game on Monday when I was down in south Florida visiting my sisters. My sister got free tickets. Tomorrow I'm suppose to go to the Orlando ECHL game. I guess I can make this my Florida hockey road trip.

Not that bad so far. Saw Phil Esposito on stage talking and I think Carl Edwards got out of a limo 2ft in front of me. It looked like him but I don't follow NASCAR. Whoever it was had arena personnel catering to them.

The two grandmothers next to me are pleasant.

I have been to 2 Cardinals games by myself. Once was a work related stay across the river. I got bored and went to a ball game. I ended up talking with a nice looking single mom there with her two kids. Made for a nice evening of conversation for both of us. Second time, I just wanted to check out the new Busch Stadium and made a day of it ... 3 hour drive, 3 hour game, 3 hour drive home.