Sports Media discussion

Gill out for season as Bulls analyst

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-03...r-chicago-bulls

Comcast SportsNet Chicago Friday has suspended Chicago Bulls analyst Kendall Gill for the remainder of the season.

"We have made a decision to not have Kendall Gill appear on our air for the remainder of the Bulls season," the station said. "We will re-evaluate our current position on this matter during the off-season.”

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Mar 24, 2013 -> 08:59 AM)
Bernstein and whoever he was with last Friday were insufferable. They were competing to see who could rip the callers more although I only listened to about 20 minutes of the show.

Matt Abattacola. They like to play that game when they are on together

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Mar 23, 2013 -> 06:34 PM)
Gill out for season as Bulls analyst

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-03...r-chicago-bulls

Comcast SportsNet Chicago Friday has suspended Chicago Bulls analyst Kendall Gill for the remainder of the season.

"We have made a decision to not have Kendall Gill appear on our air for the remainder of the Bulls season," the station said. "We will re-evaluate our current position on this matter during the off-season.”

I would imagine Kendall has appeared on CSN for the final time. IMO, they pretty much have to let him go. If they didn't and more CSN employees got into fist fights at the office, they would probably have a hard time firing them without getting sued.

Not Chicago but watched some of SportsNation in the first time a long time. I knew Beadle left for NBC but didnt know Cowherd left show as well.

It's freaking awful, but geez, Charissa Thompson is smoking.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 02:21 PM)
Bernstein loathes Steve Alford so much that they are seeking out a member of the LA media that covers UCLA so they can "interview" him and make sure he knows he needs to harass Alford about his time in Iowa.

Well Alford is a scumbag, not sure how to spin this as a negative on Bernstein. Protecting sexual assaulters and trying to strong-arm the victim is unacceptable in my book.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 04:04 PM)
Well Alford is a scumbag, not sure how to spin this as a negative on Bernstein. Protecting sexual assaulters and trying to strong-arm the victim is unacceptable in my book.

It's really not Bernstein's business to get involved in this. Dan may think he had more pull than he really does to mess with Alford's job.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 04:07 PM)
It's really not Bernstein's business to get involved in this. Dan may think he had more pull than he really does to mess with Alford's job.

How does that mess with Alford's job? Just media guys talking to media guys. I didn't hear the interview but I have no problem with making west coast people more aware of his actions.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 04:12 PM)
How does that mess with Alford's job? Just media guys talking to media guys. I didn't hear the interview but I have no problem with making west coast people more aware of his actions.

I didnt hear the segment but Athomeboy said he wants the reporter to harass Alford and will let him know how to. Let him know about his actions but to egg him on to get under Alford's skin is not of Bernstein's business.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 04:19 PM)
I didnt hear the segment but Athomeboy said he wants the reporter to harass Alford and will let him know how to. Let him know about his actions but to egg him on to get under Alford's skin is not of Bernstein's business.

Who cares, if that gets under Alford's skin he shouldn't have done all that stuff in the first place. He also lied about part of it during the press conference, too. Media should go in and ask the right questions and have the right information.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 05:10 PM)
Who cares, if that gets under Alford's skin he shouldn't have done all that stuff in the first place. He also lied about part of it during the press conference, too. Media should go in and ask the right questions and have the right information.

Seriously, how does the media not know about this? Berstein is just trolling to get his name in public. He is trying to further himself through this mess, which isn't much better than what Alford did.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 06:06 PM)
Seriously, how does the media not know about this? Berstein is just trolling to get his name in public. He is trying to further himself through this mess, which isn't much better than what Alford did.

Yes, him being angry at Alford isn't "much better" than protecting someone for sexual assault and trying to strong-arm the victim.

Look, I know you know Steve Alford, and he's probably nice to you, but it doesn't make him less of a scumbag.

Bernstein is right to dislike Alford and think he is a scumbag, but Bernstein needs to get off his soapbox with this holier than thou routine. Once Bernstein latches on to an issue, he doesn't let it go. It's over the top and it's annoying, but it's his schtick. Perhaps Bernstein wants to be more than just an afternoon talk show host and this is his beginning into that with his column and relentlessness.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 06:37 PM)
Yes, him being angry at Alford isn't "much better" than protecting someone for sexual assault and trying to strong-arm the victim.

Look, I know you know Steve Alford, and he's probably nice to you, but it doesn't make him less of a scumbag.

If the guy really cared, this wouldn't have been done publicly. He could have done this all behind the scenes. Instead this is all a ploy for ratings and recognition, trying to profit off of what happened at Iowa. That makes Bernstein no better.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 06:44 PM)
If the guy really cared, this wouldn't have been done publicly. He could have done this all behind the scenes. Instead this is all a ploy for ratings and recognition, trying to profit off of what happened at Iowa. That makes Bernstein no better.

Cared? He cares about the public knowing correct information. Doing it behind the scenes is pointless. I, for one, have learned much more about how far Alford went with this.

He wants Alford called out for being trash and a liar on top of it. Similar to Penn St when he talked about that.

But please, let's keep throwing Bernstein on the same level as Alford.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 06:44 PM)
Bernstein is right to dislike Alford and think he is a scumbag, but Bernstein needs to get off his soapbox with this holier than thou routine. Once Bernstein latches on to an issue, he doesn't let it go. It's over the top and it's annoying, but it's his schtick. Perhaps Bernstein wants to be more than just an afternoon talk show host and this is his beginning into that with his column and relentlessness.

So true. The Penn State ranting was almost unbearable at times. He basically called anyone that went to Penn State an idiot regardless of how they may have actually felt about the whole scandal. That's just how Bernstein rolls though. He simply knows better than everyone.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 06:52 PM)
Cared? He cares about the public knowing correct information. Doing it behind the scenes is pointless. I, for one, have learned much more about how far Alford went with this.

He wants Alford called out for being trash and a liar on top of it. Similar to Penn St when he talked about that.

But please, let's keep throwing Bernstein on the same level as Alford.

He doesn't give a s*** about anyone other than himself. Hence why he made this public, instead of anything else.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 07:16 PM)
He doesn't give a s*** about anyone other than himself. Hence why he made this public, instead of anything else.

Why make it private? This is a public story.

Poor Alford, let's not talk about it publicly...