Sports Media discussion

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 19, 2013 -> 01:01 PM)
It is free attention, which is the #1 reason he states most of the things that come out of his mouth. He is a highly paid troll.

He also hates being called dumb, which this article specifically states. Im sure he will talk about it today

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 19, 2013 -> 01:04 PM)
He also hates being called dumb, which this article specifically states. Im sure he will talk about it today

They were talking about it already in the crosstalk section! He denied calling Derrick a villain but maintains that he's a detriment to the team right now.

edit: Rose doesn't want to go through rebuilding and lose the team they currently have assembled, but last year his camp was saying that they need to get Derrick some support.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 03:54 PM)
I think if someone comes to you saying they need to go to rehab, you can't fire them. They have ADA protections.

That's true as far as it goes, but an employee still has to regularly show up for the job he's been hired to perform. The employer has a legal duty to reasonably accommodate, but after awhile, it gets unreasonable to expect the employer to continually endure a series of lengthy absences, as has been the case with Mac.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 04:04 PM)
That's true as far as it goes, but an employee still has to regularly show up for the job he's been hired to perform. The employer has a legal duty to reasonably accommodate, but after awhile, it gets unreasonable to expect the employer to continually endure a series of lengthy absences, as has been the case with Mac.

I'm definitely not an employment lawyer, so I don't know the specifics, but based on what he said today, Mac approached management and said he needed to enter rehab. He wasn't just randomly not showing up to work before that.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 04:06 PM)
I'm definitely not an employment lawyer, so I don't know the specifics, but based on what he said today, Mac approached management and said he needed to enter rehab. He wasn't just randomly not showing up to work before that.

This was not the first occasion when Mac left his show to deal with his problems, just the most recent. Also, from what I heard today, he told his program director off but good right before asking for this rehab leave. In light of that, it was generous of the Score to allow him to go, and it may have been well within its rights to fire him. He seemed to acknowledge that when I was listening.

Under the law if he can't do his job they can fire him. If he's a drug addict and drunk, he can't perform his job. And neither, as far as I know, are recognized disabilities that would invoke the ADA.

He may have a special clause in his contract though, who knows.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 04:38 PM)
I heard he is a pretty good guy outside of the ring when you get to know him

An outstanding individual. We had alot of fun in the clinic. He actually bought lunch for the entire clinic (pizzas) after his discharge.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 04:35 PM)
I helped him with one of his "comebacks". I helped him after a knee surgery.

I don't believe you, dead people don't need surgeries.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 04:36 PM)
Under the law if he can't do his job they can fire him. If he's a drug addict and drunk, he can't perform his job. And neither, as far as I know, are recognized disabilities that would invoke the ADA.

I understand giving him a 2nd chance but I swear this is like 5 or 6, it's ridiculous at this point.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 04:36 PM)

Actually, alcoholism IS a protected disability under the ADA, and although one's present use of illegal drugs is not, a history of past addiction problems (even addiction to illicit drugs) is also. Of course, if an employee can't show up for work or get his job done because they are wasted or hung over, those ADA protections won't save them, which is to the point I was making before.