Sports Media discussion

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 17, 2014 -> 05:06 PM)
You guys know that Jason Goff has been doing Sports Radio in Atlanta for almost 2 years now, right?

He is still with CBS, I think they allowed him to go to Atlanta in order to let him get his feet wet while Boers rides out his contract

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 17, 2014 -> 07:46 PM)
He is still with CBS, I think they allowed him to go to Atlanta in order to let him get his feet wet while Boers rides out his contract

I don't forsee that. Unless the Score gives him a deal he can't refuse and Atlanta doesn't match up, I think he stays. With the Score, he would be Bernstein's sidekick unless they put Bernstein at a different slot.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Feb 18, 2014 -> 06:28 PM)
I don't forsee that. Unless the Score gives him a deal he can't refuse and Atlanta doesn't match up, I think he stays. With the Score, he would be Bernstein's sidekick unless they put Bernstein at a different slot.

He is a sidekick regardless. Him and Bernstein are really good together, Goff has no problem putting Dan in check

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 19, 2014 -> 12:32 PM)
Ben Finfer is leaving The Score to head over to The Game.

Damn, I kinda called that one.

As a baseball freak, I hope they don't pair up Bruce Levine with Connor McKnight, who I can't stand to listen to. Finfer was at least passable, even though he's sarcastic all day, every day.

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 28, 2014 -> 07:11 AM)
Was he back on the air last night? That had to be a fireable offense. Not the crapping but just leaving it for someone else to clean.

Worked with Les a few times. Very unprofessional.

Unreal move by Les.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 15, 2014 -> 03:33 PM)
Jason Goff just posted a good-bye message to ATL, anyone know if he is headed back to Chicago?

I read somewhere that the rumor was ESPN 1000 was hiring him, but Goff hasn't said anything yet so who knows... He was my favorite sports talk host here, so it sucks we're losing him. But I hope that he really is going back to Chicago so that I can listen to him and have it actually be regarding my favorite teams (not the ones in the city I live in).

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 16, 2014 -> 10:09 AM)
well, guess he isnt coming back to the Score, apparently

Doesn't sound like it. Goff will be doing his NBA Show on Sirius from 12-3 from Chicago and exploring other radio opportunities it seems. Should be some major shakeups in Chicago sports radio coming soon. Mac's contract expires in June and he has already mentioned that he isn't doing radio this summer. My guess is that WGN will line up an AM station and then they will hire McNeil to take on B&B in the afternoon.