Sports Media discussion

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 16, 2014 -> 10:54 AM)
Doesn't sound like it. Goff will be doing his NBA Show on Sirius from 12-3 from Chicago and exploring other radio opportunities it seems. Should be some major shakeups in Chicago sports radio coming soon. Mac's contract expires in June and he has already mentioned that he isn't doing radio this summer. My guess is that WGN will line up an AM station and then they will hire McNeil to take on B&B in the afternoon.

Where did you hear about him moving back to Chicago?

Was he fired in ATL?

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 16, 2014 -> 11:34 AM)
That appears true and, to me, that's ridiculous. The guy is sharp and funny. Someone they should make room for.

Goff and Bernstein were the best combo. I thought for sure Goff was waiting for Boers to leave.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 12:16 PM)
http://chicagoradioandmedia.com/news/6483-...ing-wgn-tv-more

This article notes he's doing his Sirius show from Chicago... not any details on what happened in Atl though.

There is a lot of info on the message boards at chicagosportsfan.com. Sounds like something where Goff put a guy from a takeout restaurant on the air that wasn't a station sponsor and they used that to fire him for poor ratings. It was the 3rd sports station in a bad sports town to begin with though.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 01:01 PM)
There is a lot of info on the message boards at chicagosportsfan.com. Sounds like something where Goff put a guy from a takeout restaurant on the air that wasn't a station sponsor and they used that to fire him for poor ratings. It was the 3rd sports station in a bad sports town to begin with though.

If that's true, I just lost any ounce of respect I had left for Atlanta fans. They are awful and stupid. That's the only station I'll listen to. The others are really bad, but they've been around for a long time. Change is hard for people.

Goff also used to get constantly ripped for "not being a homer." He'd tell fans how it is and they'd be pissed because he was a "hater." I can't stand people like that. The Falcons have major issues, the Hawks are nowhere near contending, and the Braves pitching staff is in shambles (albeit performing well right now) health-wise. Yet when people say that stuff, they're a hater.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 19, 2014 -> 10:50 AM)
If that's true, I just lost any ounce of respect I had left for Atlanta fans. They are awful and stupid. That's the only station I'll listen to. The others are really bad, but they've been around for a long time. Change is hard for people.

Goff also used to get constantly ripped for "not being a homer." He'd tell fans how it is and they'd be pissed because he was a "hater." I can't stand people like that. The Falcons have major issues, the Hawks are nowhere near contending, and the Braves pitching staff is in shambles (albeit performing well right now) health-wise. Yet when people say that stuff, they're a hater.

Sounds like he tried using the Score's schtick and it failed down there.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 19, 2014 -> 10:50 AM)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 19, 2014 -> 11:14 AM)
Sounds like he tried using the Score's schtick and it failed down there.

Sounds liek GOff was who he always has been. I dont think he's ever pulled punches. He's critical when he needs to be.

Drove my dad's car around today and he doesn't have satellite so decided to try The Game out.

It something refreshing just because it's new but this girl they had doing updates was awful. Mispronouncing names. Pausing for screw ups. Stuttering. It was awkward.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 23, 2014 -> 04:13 PM)
Drove my dad's car around today and he doesn't have satellite so decided to try The Game out.

It something refreshing just because it's new but this girl they had doing updates was awful. Mispronouncing names. Pausing for screw ups. Stuttering. It was awkward.

I can't even get it in my car. That truly sucks for Hawks games that get preempted on WGN.

Sarah Spain maybe the worst sports personality in this city. Gives no insight and uses old jokes that weren't funny at first. If she was two cups smaller or even a dude, she'd be in another business.

That said, this is a good video.

QUOTE (SnB @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 12:22 PM)
Goff and Bernstein were the best combo. I thought for sure Goff was waiting for Boers to leave.

I hope he never goes back to the Score, especially with Bernstein's pompous ass. I really want him on ESPN. Take off Jurko(use that stunt he pulled against Friedell) and match him up with Carmen so we get some real good discussion.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 25, 2014 -> 05:34 PM)
Sarah Spain maybe the worst sports personality in this city. Gives no insight and uses old jokes that weren't funny at first. If she was two cups smaller or even a dude, she'd be in another business.

That said, this is a good video.

Disagree, I really like Spain on the radio. Sadly, she doesn't nearly do enough shows.

• 2 weeks later...