Sports Media discussion

• 2 weeks later...

Listening to a podcast of Carmen & Jurko from Monday - they had Jesse Rodgers on to do a Cubs report. His segment and the rest of the hour was sponsored by the Cubs. Now, I know the radio show is entertainment > hard hitting news, but thats kind of ridiculous from a journalistic standpoint.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 12:03 AM)
Wow, that sucks. I remember being in a hurry to get somewhere and I had the Score on in the car- he was doing his Big Doug bit on Mully & Hanley (555-5555). I ended up making it in time but staying until his segment was done.

RIP

Always a great segment with their Big Doug parody songs

• 3 weeks later...

ESPN is adding a 3rd person to Mike and Mike. Molly Qerim from NFL Network. Had to google her and now I want to "google" her. Am I right, fellas??

a2bcfcaa98334c5776076007f86eac5e.jpg

Edited by Brian

I like Mike & Mike but their show is mostly interviews, I think a third person just clouds things up as there is usually three folks in the conversation already.

I think the main purpose of adding a third person (aside from the two obvious reasons on display above) is that since they are moving from Bristol to Manhattan, they need to have another person based there to co-host the show on days one of the Mikes is off. Right now, they just grab whoever is hanging around the main Bristol campus that's available, but they won't be able to do that in Manhattan.

The reason they are moving to Manhattan is to have more crossover with ABC's Good Morning America when there are big stories where sports and news merge (Aaron Hernandez, Baltimore riots, etc.) and they can have segments that are simulcast on both shows.

Herb Lawrence

5 mins · Chicago, IL ·

It is never easy to say goodbye but my last day on The Score will be on Friday, May 22nd. The reason is that I've wanted to live in San Diego for the longest time and I'm finally getting that plan in motion.

I will miss you listeners a lot. You don't know how good it feels when one of you tells me that you like our work, thank you.

So, is the long term plan at Espn to have Ben Finfer work with C&J? He's sat in with them several times in the past few weeks.

I think he's pretty good at talking sports. I don't know much about him personally, which is usually a good thing with sports talkers. They're generally not as interesting as they think they are.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 14, 2015 -> 02:26 PM)
Herb Lawrence

5 mins · Chicago, IL ·

It is never easy to say goodbye but my last day on The Score will be on Friday, May 22nd. The reason is that I've wanted to live in San Diego for the longest time and I'm finally getting that plan in motion.

I will miss you listeners a lot. You don't know how good it feels when one of you tells me that you like our work, thank you.

Did he ever say what gig he was taking in san diego? I imagine its another producer type position...

• 5 weeks later...
QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 07:30 AM)
What did he say now?

I forgot what it said but I saw it Monday. It was a jab at Cheryl Scott being intimately "involved" with the team. She was one of Patrick Sharp's rumored conquests (along with the wife of Clint Reif). Bernstein has run with those stories like they are fact though this entire time. Really weird.