Sports Media discussion

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, The Beast said:

I started reading it but then it got cut off. I hope he is doing well, I think DeCastro made a mistake with some of his firings.

I haven't listened to the Score in forever, and firing young guys and bringing back retreads isn't going to interest me into returning anytime soon.

4 minutes ago, Brian said:

I haven't listened to the Score in forever, and firing young guys and bringing back retreads isn't going to interest me into returning anytime soon.

McNeil and Parkins is not entertaining at all. Spiegel and Parkins were doing just fine and I think Hanley and Goff got shafted too. Lots of meatball fans got their way when Bernstein got moved and Goff and Spiegel went to the bullpen. I hope Bernstein goes back to afternoons someday and maybe pairs with Parkins, with Spiegs taking the morning slot again with someone else, maybe Holmes or McKnight.

I doubt it has changed much.  For one thing, M&H have no real competitors for sports in that slot.  ESPN punts to national in that slot and Mully and Hanley always beat Mike & Mike.  Now, with Golic & Wingo, Mully and Haugh still don't really have any competition (in fact, the competition has gotten worse)

14 hours ago, flavum said:

Siera seems like a pretty cool woman, but she does seem a bit clueless about baseball when she is on the air. And in case anyone wants to think I'm suggesting I feel that way because of her gender, that wouldn't be accurate.  I think Leyla is pretty awesome on the same channel. 

Edited by Dick Allen

19 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Jon Greenberg interviewed Jason Goff for a story in the athletic.  Pretty interesting

It's crazy. Everytime Greenberg writes about chicago sports radio it gets like 120 comments. Any other article gets 15-20 tops.

I like listening to the score sometimes, this isn't an insult, but I get it, because I think I am more entertained by everyone's posting about behind the scenes score stuff than the actual product itself.

Mully and hanley is just painful, but haugh, oh my god. Bernstein and goff was an odd pairing, but I liked spiegel and goff. McKnight is just painful because how hard he is trying but he's just not naturally interesting. He's just a kid that wants to do radio a lot.

And then parkins. My god that guy sucks. But regardless everytime I listen for a few minutes they are just talkign about some like radio jingle from the 90s.

Really bad lineup nowadays. I think i like their solo shows better.

On 8/23/2018 at 9:12 PM, The Beast said:

People on that board really hate Spiegs. They comment on his weight, rip on him for his honesty during “Can’t Do It” and overall display hate towards him. He and Parkins sound so much more natural together over McNeil and Parkins. I actually got more sports out of their segments than I do with McNeil.

Just had a thought... If Spiegs was drawing residuals from FELDCO, he wouldn't have to work for at least a decade.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Donaldo said:

Just had a thought... If Spiegs was drawing residuals from FELDCO, he wouldn't have to work for at least a decade.

Lol I am pretty sure he addressed that during a “can’t do it” segment, it was a one time payment 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2018 at 7:45 AM, Kyyle23 said:

Lol I am pretty sure he addressed that during a “can’t do it” segment, it was a one time payment 

Too bad for him.  I see a FELDCO commercial at least twice a day.

I knew somebody who was in a commercial for Chicken Helper several years ago... she made $40,000 in residuals in just over a year.

On 9/21/2018 at 2:09 PM, bmags said:

It's crazy. Everytime Greenberg writes about chicago sports radio it gets like 120 comments. Any other article gets 15-20 tops.

I like listening to the score sometimes, this isn't an insult, but I get it, because I think I am more entertained by everyone's posting about behind the scenes score stuff than the actual product itself.

Mully and hanley is just painful, but haugh, oh my god. Bernstein and goff was an odd pairing, but I liked spiegel and goff. McKnight is just painful because how hard he is trying but he's just not naturally interesting. He's just a kid that wants to do radio a lot.

And then parkins. My god that guy sucks. But regardless everytime I listen for a few minutes they are just talkign about some like radio jingle from the 90s.

Really bad lineup nowadays. I think i like their solo shows better.

I think Parkins is excellent. Best talk show host in the city. 

• 1 month later...

Not sure if anybody here surfs the realgm bulls forum. A guy on there, dougthonus has had a long time podcast calls bulls beat. The score is pretty much stealing the name for their own show. 

https://twitter.com/670TheScore/status/1064995088542113792

I'm hoping they are forced to change it. 

Edited by Hot FiRe

4 hours ago, nitetrain8601 said:

Doug is getting a cease and desist. Thing is, Doug and them know and have met each other. And they know Doug's podcast is called bulls beat

Does he have it copyrighted? Otherwise he’s wasting his time.