Sports Media discussion

9 hours ago, The Beast said:

I haven’t listened this week. Where did you read that?

Would love Rahimi and Bernstein and Spiegel and Parkins.

They talked about it on air yesterday 

im really worried Parkins is pairing with his buddy Rami that has been sitting in.  Just not feeling it with that guy.  I don't dislike him personally or anything, just not a fan of his style.  Spiegel would be ideal for me.   I think Rahimi and Bernstein is a done deal, and I'm not sure how Rongey would fit in unless he were to join Lawrence at noon

25 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Gordon Wittenmeyer was just on the score talking about the Yu trade and how Cubs fans feel, and he sounded like he was coming to grips with the reality that he is going to be most likely covering a crappy team for a while

Hoyer can claim they’re trying to balance winning with an eye on future, but straight up you don’t trade an elite pitcher for four 17 to 20 year old lottery tickets if a lengthy rebuild isn’t in from of you.  There will be a lot more moves between now and next October and it’s going to be an ugly few years for the Cubs.

3 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

They talked about it on air yesterday 

im really worried Parkins is pairing with his buddy Rami that has been sitting in.  Just not feeling it with that guy.  I don't dislike him personally or anything, just not a fan of his style.  Spiegel would be ideal for me.   I think Rahimi and Bernstein is a done deal, and I'm not sure how Rongey would fit in unless he were to join Lawrence at noon

Rami is dull and is another Parkins. Spiegs has a bunch of energy and has good baseball insights. They would be better served bringing on Spiegs and Rahimi, even though I wonder if she’s better on TV. Thanks for sharing what I missed!

43 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Hoyer can claim they’re trying to balance winning with an eye on future, but straight up you don’t trade an elite pitcher for four 17 to 20 year old lottery tickets if a lengthy rebuild isn’t in from of you.  There will be a lot more moves between now and next October and it’s going to be an ugly few years for the Cubs.

Bryant is the one guy who almost has to go.

22 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Bryant is the one guy who almost has to go.

Man, remember the huge fuss they made about his 7th year, and now they have a crazy depressed asset that they are going to get pennies on the dollar for.  What a mess

17 hours ago, bmags said:

Rongey has been pretty good since he’s been back

I personally would prefer Rongey + Bernstein and Parkins + Spiegel. I like Spiegel a lot, especially given that he knows baseball more than anybody there. 

I'm not a big fan of Rahimi on the radio. I liked her a lot on Bulls pre + post. I can see them hiring her to help with the station diversity. 

As long as spiegel is back I’m good. He’s definitely their best baseball reporter but to me he’s the most versatile where he always sounds like he knows what he’s talking about.

The rest just seem lost when not talking bears.

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

I shouldn’t say the rest, parkins and Holmes know their stuff most of the time they are just a little more hot takey to me

I know they love him, I'm just not a fan of Holmes.   I always tune out when he comes on.  Hot takey and The laugh at his own jokes just makes me cringe

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

I know they love him, I'm just not a fan of Holmes.   I always tune out when he comes on.  Hot takey and The laugh at his own jokes just makes me cringe

It’s pretty amazing to me when anyone can hold down multiple hours by themselves. But I am never a fan of solo shows.

Just now, bmags said:

It’s pretty amazing to me when anyone can hold down multiple hours by themselves. But I am never a fan of solo shows.

He has had a lot of pseudo-co hosts along the way, but I agree a solo show is not easy 

I typically only listen to the archived clips to avoid/skip over the 80% + of Score content that is Bears/NFL related (August through April).

Spiegel deserves a show again, though would miss his weekend baseball shows if he dropped them (I believe he'll keep Saturday, not sure what happens to the Sunday show). Bernstein is less of a douchebag solo, though Rami will keep those tendencies in check. Have no use for the morning show, Rami or Parkins, hope these two move on for a better gig soon. 

The four letter network is garbage, will turn it on for the first time since 2005 for Sox games only.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Rahimi joins Bernstein 9-12 every day on the score now.  Have to think Parkins partner announced later also

https://www.radio.com/670thescore/sports/leila-rahimi-joins-dan-bernstein-form-new-midday-show-670-the-score

This is outstanding news, I’m happy to hear it. If Spiegs gets to be Parkins’ partner again I will be ecstatic.

2 hours ago, manbearpuig said:

Anyone have the full weekday schedule?

Should be:

Mully and Haugh from 5-9

Bernstein and Rahimi from 9-12

Holmes from 12-2

Parkins (and Spiegs, Rami or Anthony Herron) from 2-6

Ostrowski from 6-10

Overnights with the Grobber