Sports Media discussion

Really solid of Schefter to use all of his weight to raise so much today. I hope Their son can maintain some normalcy of schools districts and friend groups as he transitions into his new caretakers. This has just been so miserably sad.

11 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Close to $750,000 raised for Parker with donations by the Bears, Eagles, Rams, Blackhawks, Adam Schefter, Andy Dalton, Anthony Rizzo, Jed Hoyer, Tom Ricketts and Jay Glazer. Pretty cool.

Adam Schefter has done an incredible job on Twitter of really bringing a ton of awareness to the GoFundMe, and it's been awesome to see. 

45 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

And I think Schefter quite frankly is a big reason why. He is sending updates to his 9 million followers on who are making the biggest donations. I feel like in a weird way it's almost like a competition now which is a good thing if it means more donations. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I don’t know is this is the right place for this post - but this is also a good reminder for all of us parents, especially those with young kids - life insurance and trusts are annoying but important to get done. Doesn’t have to be a ton - but less than 100 per month would have generated  approx 1M in coverage per spouse (given their young ages). 

You hope that 100 per month is a total waste but for these types of situations at least you know beyond the emotional hardship at least financially they will be in a position and with a trust you can outline how the proceeds are used until they reach various stages in life etc. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Up to $995k.

One million dollars.

11 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I don’t know is this is the right place for this post - but this is also a good reminder for all of us parents, especially those with young kids - life insurance and trusts are annoying but important to get done. Doesn’t have to be a ton - but less than 100 per month would have generated  approx 1M in coverage per spouse (given their young ages). 

You hope that 100 per month is a total waste but for these types of situations at least you know beyond the emotional hardship at least financially they will be in a position and with a trust you can outline how the proceeds are used until they reach various stages in life etc. 

Even voluntary coverage through group term life insurance would be great for people. $250,000 to $1,000,000 in coverage for a decent price with just some paperwork seems worth it to protect your family’s financial future.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, flavum said:

Have definitely fallen back to sleep dozens of times over the years listening to Grobber. He was a unique character and he will be missed. RIP Grobber.

I remember during a press conference Les asking Cartlon Fisk about some obscure game that Les had a vivid memory of. Fisk looked at him like he was nuts. Yes, he was unique. Sad news.

On 1/17/2022 at 9:35 AM, Bob Sacamano said:

Wow this takes me back my late teens/early 20s leaving my gf’s parents’ house in the middle of the night and listening to him on the score. Also driving to work at 3/4am.

Same. I used to leave for work at 4:30am for a few years, and I’d always catch the end of his show that he led into with “Let’s Spend the Night Together.” I can’t hear it without thinking of the Grobber. I guess that’s the great thing about music - the connections it makes.

Edit - Had the song wrong. Popped into my head today. What can I say? It’s been 20 years.

Edited by Middle Buffalo