Sports Media discussion

QUOTE (lord chas @ May 3, 2013 -> 06:48 AM)
CSN fires Susannah Collins. They wish her much sex in the future.

wooo hoooo!!! a change in subject!

Yea, that was pretty dumb of CSN Chicago, They are getting a LOT of backlash on Twitter this morning.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 3, 2013 -> 07:02 AM)
She was pretty awful, especially after a really good Sarah Kustok.

Awful maybe being nice.

Seems it goes deeper into the Freudian slip. Old videos of her on youtube surfaced.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 3, 2013 -> 07:40 AM)
Awful maybe being nice.

Seems it goes deeper into the Freudian slip. Old videos of her on youtube surfaced.

It's not like those videos were hidden. If Comcast did any research on her, they would have easily found them.

In the end, they didn't fire her for any discriminatory reason, so they could do what they want. This will blow over in no time, a new pretty face will take the job, and the Hawks Cup run will continue.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 3, 2013 -> 08:16 AM)
It's not like those videos were hidden. If Comcast did any research on her, they would have easily found them.

In the end, they didn't fire her for any discriminatory reason, so they could do what they want. This will blow over in no time, a new pretty face will take the job, and the Hawks Cup run will continue.

Wow. Yeah, I wouldn't think she'd be fired for a slip up like that. But it's shocking they didn't find those videos before (or at least only worry about it now).

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 3, 2013 -> 09:54 AM)
What's the big deal about these old YouTube videos?

Nothing in my eyes. They're lame but nothing to be fired over.

I'm sure she had them on her resume. Shame in CSN for not seeing them before this if its that big of a deal to them.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 3, 2013 -> 09:53 AM)
Wow. Yeah, I wouldn't think she'd be fired for a slip up like that. But it's shocking they didn't find those videos before (or at least only worry about it now).

I bet this was just an excuse to fire her.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 3, 2013 -> 09:54 AM)
What's the big deal about these old YouTube videos?

Ignoring the fact that they are awful and not funny, they contain lots of racy sexual innuendos and are low on the political correctness scale.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 3, 2013 -> 10:02 AM)
Nothing in my eyes. They're lame but nothing to be fired over.

I'm sure she had them on her resume. Shame in CSN for not seeing them before this if its that big of a deal to them.

The old videos actually got her the gigs on Showtime and NFL Network. Supposedly, this is all the Blackhawks doing. They were also supposedly responsible for the Josh Mora canning several years ago when he broke the story of Tallon being "reassigned."

To me, she seemed at best unpolished, and probably deserved to go for performance. But if the old videos or her slip up the other night had anything to do with it, which seems more than likely, that's pretty lame.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 3, 2013 -> 10:04 AM)
rumors are the Blackhawks didnt like the videos and pressured executives to fire her.

Yet they knew about them before she was hired, it was on her resume.

Like I said before, I went to HS and kind of grew up with the girl, shes super nice and was just trying to make it in the broadcasting world.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 3, 2013 -> 11:24 AM)
Yet they knew about them before she was hired, it was on her resume.

Like I said before, I went to HS and kind of grew up with the girl, shes super nice and was just trying to make it in the broadcasting world.

Someone posted on another board, to the Blackhawks her videos and slipping up and saying sex the other night is bad, but the half naked girls they have skating around with shovels during breaks is fine. Doesn't seem very consistent.

Hard not to like Susannah Collins. She has a picture with Mr. T as her profile pic on Twitter. :) I'm shocked they sacked her.

Those youtube vids are painfully bad tho :(

NSFW:

Though any publicity is good publicity. I'll be surprised if someone doesn't pick her up somewhere else.

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ May 3, 2013 -> 12:46 PM)
While I think the firing is unjust, I also don't think the Blackhawks are in the wrong for being the ones to apply the pressure on CSN to make a move. The Blackhawks, like the Bulls, Cubs and White Sox, have a controlling stake in CSN and their reporters are an extension of the organization(right or wrong). If the organization isn't happy with the way one of their reporters is getting out their information, they have every right to make a move.

Well the Mora and Collins issues are different. Your last point cover Mora. Collins certainly didn't "leak" information.

This Collins firing is no more than McDonough wanting to get rid of her for...I'm not sure. Dick Allen made a great point above if it's about "the brand."

What are you guys all a bunch of f***ing grandparents? A bunch of f***ing prudes? Susannah Collins did some stupid funny sports-related reports on YouTube and it would be cause for her not to be hired anywhere? Good grief.

Sure, she's bad. But she's hired to manage to blurt out some words properly and not say the players are all having tons of sex. LOL. However, to act like those youtube videos are OMG NEVER HIRE HER is just hilarious.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 3, 2013 -> 01:38 PM)
What are you guys all a bunch of f***ing grandparents? A bunch of f***ing prudes? Susannah Collins did some stupid funny sports-related reports on YouTube and it would be cause for her not to be hired anywhere? Good grief.

Sure, she's bad. But she's hired to manage to blurt out some words properly and not say the players are all having tons of sex. LOL. However, to act like those youtube videos are OMG NEVER HIRE HER is just hilarious.

I could see how those videos could hurt her with a certain team or media company. I could easily see someone looking at them and saying "that's too much for me I don't want to hire her."

My problem is there's no way in hell they didn't know about it beforehand, they've been watched and they hired her. For McDonough to use it NOW to get rid of her...that's wrong. Unless he wanted her out for some other reason and this gave him an out.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 3, 2013 -> 01:38 PM)

Who are you talking to? I dont see anyone here saying she she shoul have been fired for the videos.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 3, 2013 -> 01:48 PM)
Who are you talking to? I dont see anyone here saying she she shoul have been fired for the videos.

I read like two comments and went off. I re-read and saw most thought it odd, but didn't care to edit because passion.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 3, 2013 -> 01:48 PM)

i believe Balta said the videos were very offensive to him and he wrote a letter to CSN demanding her resignation. looks like he got his wish.

Edited by mr_genius