Sports Media discussion

My personal wish would be that the Score promote one of the producers to be Speigels new side kick. There are probably 5 of them that deserve it and are good enough to do it...not to mention Grote who I really enjoy but he does weekends. But they wont do this. They are going to go for "a name guy" like usual.

QUOTE (shipps @ Feb 3, 2015 -> 11:30 AM)
My personal wish would be that the Score promote one of the producers to be Speigels new side kick. There are probably 5 of them that deserve it and are good enough to do it...not to mention Grote who I really enjoy but he does weekends. But they wont do this. They are going to go for "a name guy" like usual.

Promote Herb!

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 4, 2015 -> 07:06 AM)
Promote Herb!

I like Herb a lot. I think he has some work to do on his speech though. He stutters and has trouble getting through reads a lot of the time but he is funny and has a great personality.

QUOTE (shipps @ Feb 3, 2015 -> 10:30 AM)

I think that's the reason several people left to head over to WGN/The Game. They saw that people werent being moved up internally and the only way to get a full time gig was to go elsewhere.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 6, 2015 -> 09:49 AM)
I wonder if the Kap to 670 stuff was him floating that to get a new deal from WGN.

I also wonder if there is a hesitance for someone to want to come to the score knowing the other guys they are going to have to work with. B&B have always been hard on other media members and they would be doing transition with Kap and Haugh if they were to come over. And they particularly are relentless in making fun of Haugh in the past, deservedly so. The Score seems so "clicky".

But they did work with Murph and North for some time who they still make fun of so I guess it doesnt have to stop talent from working there all together. I bet it makes it difficult though for some to be lured there .

Mark Grote got the Cubs pre and post radio job. I am happy for him but I will miss him on the Score. I personally think he is a better fit to do sports talk shows instead of the more serious stuff with pre and post game because he such a funny guy but he will still do great.

QUOTE (shipps @ Feb 4, 2015 -> 05:30 PM)
So Danny Mac turned down the multi year offer from the Score to come back. Kinda glad he isnt coming back but I will just hate it if Kap and Haugh are the second option then I would have rather had Mac.

I'm surprised that clown hasn't killed himself yet.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 6, 2015 -> 12:31 PM)
I'm surprised that clown hasn't killed himself yet.

Well he certainly has had some inner demons that he has dealt with over the years and is a radio blow-hard but I sure hope he doesn't kill himself.

QUOTE (shipps @ Feb 4, 2015 -> 05:30 PM)
So Danny Mac turned down the multi year offer from the Score to come back. Kinda glad he isnt coming back but I will just hate it if Kap and Haugh are the second option then I would have rather had Mac.

They gave him a multi-year offer? Do they think listeners really want to listen to a guy bragging about the classic rock he listens to in his basement man-cave?

Someone compared CFB coaching hires to "dating in a small town", but the radio business is so much worse.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 6, 2015 -> 12:33 PM)
Rough day, Steve?

No, it's a fine day. I simply cannot believe The Score would call that clown. There's plenty of young, fresh blood out there more than eager to take a timeslot and not skip months at a time during each year of his contract.