Sports Media discussion

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 08:09 AM)
I forgot what it said but I saw it Monday. It was a jab at Cheryl Scott being intimately "involved" with the team. She was one of Patrick Sharp's rumored conquests (along with the wife of Clint Reif). Bernstein has run with those stories like they are fact though this entire time. Really weird.

He keeps running with them, and they are both BS. Cheryl Scott's attorney told the Score to get rid of the tweets.

For a guy who thinks he is so smart, Bernstein is really dumb.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 08:09 AM)
I forgot what it said but I saw it Monday. It was a jab at Cheryl Scott being intimately "involved" with the team. She was one of Patrick Sharp's rumored conquests (along with the wife of Clint Reif). Bernstein has run with those stories like they are fact though this entire time. Really weird.

The rumor I heard was Crawford was the one behind the Clint Reif story.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 08:17 AM)
He keeps running with them, and they are both BS. Cheryl Scott's attorney told the Score to get rid of the tweets.

For a guy who thinks he is so smart, Bernstein is really dumb.

He needs his wings clipped like they did North's.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 08:17 AM)
Again, this is the type of thing that Bernstein would just go holier than thou against if someone else did it.

He tweets so much about his kids, wide, and family life, but then he'll so quickly turn around and drop the sexist comments without a second thought

• 3 weeks later...

Olbermann out at ESPN again

“Keith is a tremendous talent who has consistently done timely, entertaining and thought-provoking work since returning to ESPN. While the show’s content was distinctive and extremely high quality, we ultimately made a business decision to move in another direction. We wish Keith nothing but the best and trust that his skill and ability will lead him to another promising endeavor.”

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 07:21 PM)
Olbermann out at ESPN again

“Keith is a tremendous talent who has consistently done timely, entertaining and thought-provoking work since returning to ESPN. While the show’s content was distinctive and extremely high quality, we ultimately made a business decision to move in another direction. We wish Keith nothing but the best and trust that his skill and ability will lead him to another promising endeavor.”

ESPN wanted him to quit ripping on Roger G so much.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 02:55 PM)
Herd and Bernstein? Anyone?

Snark overload!!

Berstein is one of the best out there when he is just having fun and joking around. He is also really great at tearing someone a new one when they deserve it.

But he is AWFUL and unbearable when he gets on his high horse and angrily argues everyone else's point no matter what they say that makes sense. When he dissects every word someone says and disagrees with every part speaking over them without allowing a rebuttal. It drives me insane.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 03:58 PM)
Berstein is one of the best out there when he is just having fun and joking around. He is also really great at tearing someone a new one when they deserve it.

But he is AWFUL and unbearable when he gets on his high horse and angrily argues everyone else's point no matter what they say that makes sense. When he dissects every word someone says and disagrees with every part speaking over them without allowing a rebuttal. It drives me insane.

That's him 99.9% of the time.

I get the move for FoxSports, but at the same time, why not try to be the anti-ESPN by not hiring blowhards?

I tried listening to ESPN1000 a few times this week and they had Ben Finfir filling in for Carmen and Jurco. That guy is a nightmare to listen to. He comes across as a meat head Cubs fan, anytime someone called in to talk about the Sox he immediately changed the topic to how well the Cubs rebuild is going and saying things like "The Sox should worry more about how to fill their stadium...." Then today, since I believe its his last day filling in, he spent most of the time talking about himself, about how the interns dont like him and stuff like that and then he brought up the same thing during crosstalk.

Rant over, that guy sucks.

Edit-Just checked twitter to make sure I had the right guy. Ya this has to be the guy.

B02Adtq.png

Edited by DrunkBomber

QUOTE (lord chas @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 09:33 PM)
Used to be a Marc Silverman fan but getting quite tired of his daily Cubs fellatio session

Especially because he (and many others) quit on the Cubs for several seasons. Didn't watch. Didn't go to games, etc. Yet, Sox attendance and lack of fan base loyalty is good for 3-5 shows every year on the radio shows.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 11:56 PM)
Especially because he (and many others) quit on the Cubs for several seasons. Didn't watch. Didn't go to games, etc. Yet, Sox attendance and lack of fan base loyalty is good for 3-5 shows every year on the radio shows.

I especially despise guys like Hanley who are now lecturing Sox fans/executives about "how to do things the right way" now that the Cubs are doing well. Jesus did that switch get flipped quickly.

If/when the Cubs win the Series, this town will be insufferable for a few weeks. I might plan a vacation to avoid it.