Sports Media discussion

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 07:45 PM)
I especially despise guys like Hanley who are now lecturing Sox fans/executives about "how to do things the right way" now that the Cubs are doing well. Jesus did that switch get flipped quickly.

If/when the Cubs win the Series, this town will be insufferable for a few weeks. I might plan a vacation to avoid it.

I've listened to more Fred and Angi or Colin Cowherd the last few months than ever before. The Cubs talk just dominates Chicago radio right now with so much optimism, it makes it look like I'm pessimistic about their future.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 02:45 PM)
I especially despise guys like Hanley who are now lecturing Sox fans/executives about "how to do things the right way" now that the Cubs are doing well. Jesus did that switch get flipped quickly.

If/when the Cubs win the Series, this town will be insufferable for a few weeks forever. I might plan a vacation to avoid it.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 19, 2015 -> 08:07 AM)
The Score's new Bears post-game show will be Hub Arkush, James "Big Cat" Williams and Olin Kreutz.

I was hoping it would've involved Matt Bowen. The man may not be the most colorful but damn he is smart and articulate.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 02:50 PM)
I've listened to more Fred and Angi or Colin Cowherd the last few months than ever before. The Cubs talk just dominates Chicago radio right now with so much optimism, it makes it look like I'm pessimistic about their future.

If the White Sox were having a parallel season, I know there's no other topic I'd want to listen to/talk about.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Aug 19, 2015 -> 03:48 PM)
I like Hub. I caught a moment of the Olin interview- dude has an interesting voice. Is Mannelly still around? Thought this would be a natural role to gravitate toward after the short midday stint.

Mannelly will be doing pre game

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 21, 2015 -> 12:18 PM)
Mike North will be hosting a 3 hour Bears postgame show on 97.1. He also will be talking NFL with Danny Mac on Fridays.

Oh boy.

LMAO

That is a dream combo for the meatball fans though.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 21, 2015 -> 01:34 PM)
Not really Chicago, but on Twitter today Adam Schefter was tweeting thinking he had been fired, turns out it was a mistake at HR at ESPN.

HR is always f***ing some s*** up. LOL

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (RegionSox @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 10:34 AM)
I made the mistake today of turning on 670 and catching some of Joe Cowley. Wow, he really can't let go of the past. I caught at least one reference to Don Cooper as the snitch. Also, his advice to Sox fans was to buy a Cubs hat.

He should go back to Pittsburgh

Remember when he disgraced himself and had to shut down his personal twitter account?

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 12:01 PM)
As you can see in the PHT thread it seems like the SCORE feels the need to pound home the White Sox mistakes (Tannehill and Abbatacola)

If you listen to that station you would believe the cubs were flawless and a lock for the world series and the White Sox were 35 games under.

The mistakes are so awful at this point. While there is a lot of bad luck, baseball on the south side has been rough for some time and the Score is the White Sox network, so they're forced to talk about it.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 08:11 PM)
The mistakes are so awful at this point. While there is a lot of bad luck, baseball on the south side has been rough for some time and the Score is the White Sox network, so they're forced to talk about it.

The thing is, they don't actually talk about it. Only time they bring them up is to take a shot at them and praise the Cubs.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 12:01 PM)
As you can see in the PHT thread it seems like the SCORE feels the need to pound home the White Sox mistakes (Tannehill and Abbatacola)

If you listen to that station you would believe the cubs were flawless and a lock for the world series and the White Sox were 35 games under.

They are selling to their audience, nothing more. Now that they won't have the Sox back on the air, they don't even need to pretend to care about the White Sox.