Jump to content
Kyyle23

Sports Media discussion

Recommended Posts

Chris Duncan, Dave's son, and former Cardinal, is a radio guy in St. Louis. He just took a permanent leave to battle cancer. 

Permanent leave makes one think this isn't good. Hope he beats it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Barstool is now going paywall.  The comments are predictably awesome.

 

They are trying to put a good spin on it, but you can tell they hate it but it's being pushed on them by ownership. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AustinIllini said:

Why would you give any of your sports subscription money to anyone but "The Athletic"?  

Becuase other outlets serve other purposes, and I’m not poor?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tony said:

Becuase other outlets serve other purposes, and I’m not poor?

Save your $10 you were going to spend on the Fox News of sports and put it towards real journalism or charity.  Barstool isn't worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AustinIllini said:

Save your $10 you were going to spend on the Fox News of sports and put it towards real journalism or charity.  Barstool isn't worth it.

I don't pay for Barstool and wouldn't. 

But Barstool and The Athletic couldn't be more different. The Athletic offers beat reporters and national reporters. Barstool is a completely different animal, "sports" isn't even there biggest seller. 

But more importantly, you can spend your money anyway you want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tony said:

I don't pay for Barstool and wouldn't. 

But Barstool and The Athletic couldn't be more different. The Athletic offers beat reporters and national reporters. Barstool is a completely different animal, "sports" isn't even there biggest seller. 

But more importantly, you can spend your money anyway you want. 

The question remains: Why would anyone spend money to read barstool?  That's why this is such a bad deal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AustinIllini said:

The question remains: Why would anyone spend money to read barstool?  That's why this is such a bad deal

Read and watch, but the answer is....because they like it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×