Kyyle23

Sports Media discussion

32 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

I don't miss them. Even if a caller has a valid point, the caller would be ridiculed or made fun of if they didn't agree with B&B. And I have always have thought of Boers as a nasty person who just liked to demean people. I can't remember the last time I listened to the Score. It is lousy radio.

No, 95% of the time the people they made fun of deserved it. They had thoughts that no rational person would have. It was a rare case when people actually had anything close to something constituting a rational thought and they got roasted. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

No, 95% of the time the people they made fun of deserved it. They had thoughts that no rational person would have. It was a rare case when people actually had anything close to something constituting a rational thought and they got roasted. 

I am aware many deserved it although I think the station liked when the idiots called in because they were easy to best in any sports argument. I just know arrogance when I see it.

1 minute ago, NWINFan said:

I am aware many deserved it although I think the station liked when the idiots called in because they were easy to best in any sports argument. I just know arrogance when I see it.

I think it was part of that show's schtick. I think Tannehill used to put on the morons on purpose. 

50 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I think it was part of that show's schtick. I think Tannehill used to put on the morons on purpose. 

No doubt. However, I personally  dont find the constant demeaning of people and the arrogance of the hosts entertaining.  That's why I still can't listen to Bernstein.  He was good when he was a part time weekend host. He had a lot of fun and good ideas.

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:45 AM, Jack Parkman said:

At times I wondered if they had their friends call in and purposely sound stupid.

39 minutes ago, Donaldo said:

At times I wondered if they had their friends call in and purposely sound stupid.

Think about the George Carlin rule of stupid people. There are enough of them out there. (I know it doesn't work like that, it's a bell curve in reality) 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Long time listeners of The SCORE know how some hosts have been telling McNeil that he has to see "Boogie Nights," saying that he'd like it.

Mac finally watched it recently, and to say that he didn't like it would be an understatement.  😄

Not a fan of Boogie Nights

13 hours ago, Donaldo said:

Long time listeners of The SCORE know how some hosts have been telling McNeil that he has to see "Boogie Nights," saying that he'd like it.

Mac finally watched it recently, and to say that he didn't like it would be an understatement.  😄

Not a fan of Boogie Nights

Preach Danny Mac! Easily one of the most overrated movies.