Sports Media discussion

40 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Adam Schefter is supposed to be a very good guy from what I have heard. His book "The Man I Never Met" is the story revolving around his wife's ex husband dying in the World Trade Center, leaving a widow and 15 month old. Schefter married her 5 years later and helped raise her child and their family. It's about their journey and honoring her late husband. Touching. 

He also seems like a really hard working dude who worked his way from bottom to the best in the business.

DiCaro's article is a hate filled hit piece. She is a spiteful human being that loves to find the negative in everything. Along with that, her knowledge of sports is incredibly poor and her writing is typically riddled with misspelled words and grammatical errors. She constantly gets called out for being flat out incorrect on things.

Her career got jump started after her crusade against Kane is his rape trial, the one that got dropped due to lack of credible evidence. She would bash Kane and cause him of guilt regularly, tweeting "evidence" of guilt from her "source", which evidently was bogus. She apologized for it. She used a bogus rape case to advance her career.

Either Deadspin will die or Julie will get canned in the near future, and I hope it is the last legitimate gig she gets in the business. She is a truly awful person. 

I agree 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, flavum said:

Chris Rose not being renewed at MLB Network. He’ll do three more shows with Millar on Dec 21-23. Nice ten year run for IT.

Based on Twitter comments looks like Nick Shepkowski is done at the 670 the Score, might have been contract related. Seemed like Kevin Zepack(spelling) also gone.

7 hours ago, Mr. Showtime said:

Based on Twitter comments looks like Nick Shepkowski is done at the 670 the Score, might have been contract related. Seemed like Kevin Zepack(spelling) also gone.

Wow, that’s an end of an era. Radio is such a volatile industry, I couldn’t take it. I wonder if this was more budget cuts because of COVID.

15 hours ago, Mr. Showtime said:

Based on Twitter comments looks like Nick Shepkowski is done at the 670 the Score, might have been contract related. 

Without knowing how much Shepkowski did behind the scenes or how important his role was, I’ll say he was terrible on the air. It probably doesn’t help that he seemed not to like Parkins - whose show he produced. Whether that was an act or not, I don’t know.

On 12/12/2020 at 7:07 AM, Middle Buffalo said:

Without knowing how much Shepkowski did behind the scenes or how important his role was, I’ll say he was terrible on the air. It probably doesn’t help that he seemed not to like Parkins - whose show he produced. Whether that was an act or not, I don’t know.

It’s hard to tell if it is staged or not. Shane and Tanny don’t seem to like Parkins either.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

What do you want to bet this guy doesn't call Jill Biden "doctor"?

The funniest thing to me about it is in Rick's Twitter bio, he writes "Once went fishing with Nick Saban" 

IN HIS OWN BIO

2 hours ago, Madrigal Mystery Tour said:

God I'm so tired of Nick Saban and Alabama.

Getting off the topic of Sports Media a bit, but the number of 5-star recruits over the last 10 years by the 4 playoff teams:

Alabama 44 (most)

Ohio State 26 (3rd)

Clemson 20 (4th)

Notre Dame 5 (t-20th)

So, yeah, ND's gonna get killed, but Alabama beat Georgia (2nd with 34) by 17, LSU (t-5th with 19) by 34, and Texas A&M (8th with 14) by 28, so we might as well just have a 3-team playoff from now on.