Trade Possibility with Cardinals

Lillian

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Mar 8, 2013 -> 09:42 PM)
Last year I said they would contend for the division. I feel differently this year primarily because of the workloads on Sale and Peavy last year, an offense that's core is a year older, and a division where the Royals and Indians have improved.

What about Verlander and Scherzer's workloads?

And do the Tigers not have to play the Royals & Indians this year?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Mar 8, 2013 -> 10:20 PM)
What about Verlander and Scherzer's workloads?

And do the Tigers not have to play the Royals & Indians this year?

I think Verlander is a better risk his surviving ast year's workload than Sale, Peavy, or Scherzer.

Edited by Marty34

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Mar 8, 2013 -> 09:30 PM)
Ramirez has gotten progressively worse offensively to the point where he put up a lower OPS than the much-maligned (and deserved so) Beckham last year. That's pretty amazing.

And of course, he is cuban. Got to get rid of them, huh Marty. Maybe we can package him and Viciedo and get a non-Cuban.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 8, 2013 -> 10:50 PM)
Sure I am. And I am sure Hahn wants Ozzie coaching the Sox again too, right?

When you accuse someone of "talking out of both sides of their mouth" the least you could do is provide proof. Maybe you can edit one of my posts . . .

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Mar 8, 2013 -> 10:58 PM)
When you accuse someone of "talking out of both sides of their mouth" the least you could do is provide proof. Maybe you can edit one of my posts . . .

Have you, multiple times in the past year, insisted that this team should be broken apart and rebuilt for contention down the line, usually 2015?

And I would never bother to edit your posts, no room for any substance.

This one was a personal favorite of mine.

Ichiro is a free-agent after next year and the Sox will have traded Viciedo for BJ Upton in June anyhow.

Marty34

Looks like we don't have either player on our roster.

The blame has quietly moved from Kenny Williams to JR, though...but he's never once thought trading Paul Konerko would be a good idea, even though, in his estimation, the team won't be contending until 2015.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 8, 2013 -> 11:05 PM)
Lol whatever Marty. I don't have time to sift through a year of your posts to find what we both know you said.

You did find the time however to accuse me of "talking out of both sides of my mouth." Speaks volumes.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Mar 8, 2013 -> 11:10 PM)
You did find the time however to accuse me of "talking out of both sides of my mouth." Speaks volumes.

That's because you did. Why don't you go ahead now and say "the sox will contend in 2013" in this thread so you can have your proof that you said it once.

When you go "all in" and under the most optimal circumstances still likely not break 85 wins that is sad.

So Marty, even though 2012 was not "all in" and nothing approaching "optimal circumstances" with a manager at the helm with no experience....why would you have believed the "sad" performance of 2011 would be bettered in 2012 since you obviously supported Ozzie Guillen more than Ventura/Williams???

What's your argument heading into 2012 for why they would contend? Not seeing it at all.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 8, 2013 -> 11:14 PM)
That's because you did. Why don't you go ahead now and say "the sox will contend in 2013" in this thread so you can have your proof that you said it once.

That would be talking out of both sides of my mouth.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 8, 2013 -> 09:37 PM)
Alexei Ramirez has been a consistent 700ish OPS guy his entire career before last season. In four of his seasons, he was between 727 and 792. Very predictable, offensively as well as defensively. (Maybe we can attribute the falloff to a new hitting coach, yes??)

If you go by the theory of decline, then the team's totally screwed because Rios, Dunn and Konerko are all one year older, right?

But then how do you explain AJ's 2012 season? Or Rios? Simply steroids accusations? Or Paulie dominating baseball for much of 2010 and 2011 in his mid 30's?

Why does someone with an unathletic body like Konerko or AJ NOT decline.....whereas Alexei Ramirez is automatically doomed to end up like Angel Berroa or Carlos Febles?

Because they play for the White Sox, and not the Tigers, Royals, Indians, Twins, Cubs, etc.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Mar 8, 2013 -> 10:58 PM)

Editing your posts? Ok, now that is just the last desperate act right there...

Please explain.

I noticed that there is a thread of intolerance shown towards people and players of color, black or brown, that runs through the threads and signature quotations some people have used here. There has been a lot of it against Ozzie, Kenny Williams and some of the current Latino players.

That kind of things is really is intolerable, especially in a sport where it took until the mid- 1947 to even BEGIN a process of eliminating racial segregation and racial prejudice.

As far as Alexei Ramirez, I am very impressed with his work ethic and that includes the work he put in with Viciedo training together in the of season. And, at least from what I have seen, he and Viciedo appear to have a good foundation in terms of their upbringing and their character. That not only makes them good people, but solid team players. I doubt you will see the kind of sleaze and criminality that Starlin Castro was involved with, allegedly date raping a young girl after dragging her home drunk to his f --- pad, and then grabbing the first plane out of the country the next morning.

So yes, Alexei is a solid if not outstanding shortstop defensively, has occasional power, has been a clutch hitter,

and is a very good teammate, especially to young players like Viciedo. He takes a big cut with one of the longer and heavier bats so he strikes out too much, but how many players can we say that about? Dunn, Flowers, Morel,...

QUOTE (southside_hitman @ Mar 9, 2013 -> 11:03 AM)
I noticed that there is a thread of intolerance shown towards people and players of color, black or brown, that runs through the threads and signature quotations some people have used here. There has been a lot of it against Ozzie, Kenny Williams and some of the current Latino players.

That kind of things is really is intolerable, especially in a sport where it took until the mid- 1947 to even BEGIN a process of eliminating racial segregation and racial prejudice.

As far as Alexei Ramirez, I am very impressed with his work ethic and that includes the work he put in with Viciedo training together in the of season. And, at least from what I have seen, he and Viciedo appear to have a good foundation in terms of their upbringing and their character. That not only makes them good people, but solid team players. I doubt you will see the kind of sleaze and criminality that Starlin Castro was involved with, allegedly date raping a young girl after dragging her home drunk to his f --- pad, and then grabbing the first plane out of the country the next morning.

So yes, Alexei is a solid if not outstanding shortstop defensively, has occasional power, has been a clutch hitter,

and is a very good teammate, especially to young players like Viciedo. He takes a big cut with one of the longer and heavier bats so he strikes out too much, but how many players can we say that about? Dunn, Flowers, Morel,...

Point out the threads and signatures of intolerance based on race

We've been down this road before.

You can say that he has advocated trading for the likes or BJ Upton and Juan Pierre.

OTOH, Marty has spent 80% of his time the last couple of years advocating that Ramirez and Viciedo be traded, and that KW was a bad GM.

Still, he has defended Ozzie Guillen, so he's apparently not against all Hispanics, although he's been very quiet about Alex Rios.

Maybe it's Marty's version of a backhand compliment that he realizes both Ramirez and Viciedo have more trade value than pretty much anyone on the Sox not named Chris Sale.

It just gets to seem like a pattern/trend because he's ceaselessly picking on Ramirez earning just $7.5 million this season when the likes of Dunn, Konerko and John Danks are earning considerably more...

Or perhaps it comes off as an anti-Cuban bias, who knows.

So I would ask the opposite. Has he ever said anything positive about a Cuban player on the Sox?

Point out the threads and signatures of intolerance based on race

"Ozzie Guillen on Peavy vs. Pierzynski: "'I always say when two white guys fight, the foreigners stay away from that,' said Guillen, a native of Venezuela. ‘I just got my (citizenship) two years ago. I want to stay away from that.'"

As I mentioned earlier, I do not want to engage you in any discussion here, and I won't, but it is interesting that you want to engage me. Sorry dude, you are on my permanent ignore list. :hawk: