East Region

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 17, 2013 -> 07:13 PM)
Well, I'm glad Illinois got a 7 instead of the dreaded 8/9, but I really doubt we can keep up with Miami. Here's to hoping Griffey, Richardson, and Paul all shoot lights out in the tournament.

I don't think it really mattered much this year. There just isn't really any difference between the quality of the #1 seeds and #2 seeds this year.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 17, 2013 -> 08:55 PM)
NC State could be an epic second round game, definite shootout potential. IU should have the edge though because NC State can't defend at all.

NC State is talented, but defense notwithstanding they have one major flaw. Mark Gottfried as a Head Coach.

Filling out a bracket ($50 entry) and need some insight. Please give me your thoughts on the following games and the odds of an upset. Anything you know about the teams to support your comments would be great. Here are the games for this region I'm looking for further analysis.

Montana (13) vs. Syracuse (4) - Note: A 13 has beaten a 4 each of the last 5 years. Is this the one?

Marquette (3) vs. Davidson (14) - Is Davidson good enough?

Illinois (7) vs. Colorado (10) - Find it interesting that Colorado gets a higher seed than Oregon. Don't know much about Colorado.

Filling out a bracket ($50 entry) and need some insight. Please give me your thoughts on the following games and the odds of an upset. Anything you know about the teams to support your comments would be great. Here are the games for this region I'm looking for further analysis.

Montana (13) vs. Syracuse (4) - Note: A 13 has beaten a 4 each of the last 5 years. Is this the one?

Illinois (7) vs. Colorado (10) - Find it interesting that Colorado gets a higher seed than Oregon. Don't know much about Colorado.

Both of those upsets are certainly possible, but not likely. I try to stay away from picking 13-4 and 14-3 upsets unless I have a really strong feeling because more often than not, you pick the wrong upsets and then you not only get those games wrong but also the upsets that actually happen.

Going by the computer ratings, Colorado is the 10 seed that is most likely to win.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 09:04 PM)

I'd go with the favorites in all the games.

That being said, Montana is a good team. They have several kids that can shoot the three, and Syracuse obviously is famous for their zone so if Montana gets hot they could pull the upset. They recently lost their best player though so that significantly hurts them (probably would have been a 12 seed with him). I'd put their odds of an upset around 10-15% so not high.

Davidson is also a good team and Marquette has had some pretty poor games this season, but my gut tells me Marquette is just way too athletic. Better odds of an upset here. ~20%

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 19, 2013 -> 09:52 AM)

All I know is a good friend of mine got all hot and bothered when she got a glimpse on Will's chest tattoo on game. The jersey covers it up and she's been dying to get a better look. She calls him her future ex-husband. That's the only time I've ever seen the tattoo. The camera caught him bending forward lining up on the FT lane.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Mar 19, 2013 -> 11:07 AM)
All I know is a good friend of mine got all hot and bothered when she got a glimpse on Will's chest tattoo on game. The jersey covers it up and she's been dying to get a better look. She calls him her future ex-husband. That's the only time I've ever seen the tattoo. The camera caught him bending forward lining up on the FT lane.

Yeah he had a tattoo on his chest last year; I think it got a little bigger this year. There might have been an interview where he said what it was, but I can't remember

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 21, 2013 -> 12:11 PM)
This Butler/Bucknell game is painful to watch. I don't know why I would expect anything different, it was pretty obvious what kind of game it'd be from the stats.

It doesn't help that Butler plays Purdue basketball - be overly physical on every possession and force the refs to swallow the whistle.