Final Four predictions thread

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 17, 2013 -> 10:53 PM)
Indiana

Don't Care

Don't Care

Don't Care

Illinois

Don't Care

Don't Care

Don't Care

BTW, isn't it odd that this is the only sport that we care so much about who the final FOUR teams are? Usually it's 1, or 2, or 8...

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 02:41 PM)
Rock,

Do you have Wisconsin beating the Zags or OSU?

I actually think OSU has a pretty nice draw.

I have like 6 brackets. I have Wisconsin knocking them out in at least one. Wisconsin has been a lock to get to the sweet 16 the last few years but I think people always have them out right away.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 03:09 PM)
I have like 6 brackets. I have Wisconsin knocking them out in at least one. Wisconsin has been a lock to get to the sweet 16 the last few years but I think people always have them out right away.

LOL. So no matter what happens, you can say "I HAD THAT!"

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 03:09 PM)

I usually do 2 brackets.

1 where Wisconsin wins the entire thing (as long as they are above an 8 seed) and another where I pick a legitimate champ. I pick Wisconsin to win so I dont ever have to worry about rooting against myself. I figure in most pools Im the only moron donating.

I usually do a bracket, but over the years it's become old, and most people are usually out of it by the 2nd weekend if it's a big pool.

In addition to a normal pool, I now run an auction with 5-6 people. You purchase teams and get paid off based on how far they advance in the tournament. Everyone starts with the same amount of money to spend so it's all even and you have to spend wisely.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 03:39 PM)
I usually do a bracket, but over the years it's become old, and most people are usually out of it by the 2nd weekend if it's a big pool.

In addition to a normal pool, I now run an auction with 5-6 people. You purchase teams and get paid off based on how far they advance in the tournament. Everyone starts with the same amount of money to spend so it's all even and you have to spend wisely.

This actually sounds really neat. I'd like to try that next year.

Indiana

Michigan St

Ohio St

Kansas

Indiana over Ohio St 83-70

I'm sure I'll do a few more brackets, where I'll likely have Louisville or Kansas winning it.

I also didn't have any 5 seeds losing...in fact I had all 5 seeds in the sweet 16. Going against history there.

When I fill out the bracket, I follow my gut modified with what I know of the matchups. Bracket came out a little weird this year, but where the gut leads, I follow!

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 07:16 PM)
When I fill out the bracket, I follow my gut modified with what I know of the matchups. Bracket came out a little weird this year, but where the gut leads, I follow!

Then you wouldn't be filling out multiple brackets....