State of IL Sox License Plates

Real

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 09:37 PM)
Want. Will be looking to get some of these ASAP. Why is it cheaper to get them when your plates are not about to expire vs near expiration?

Because they don't charge you for the renewal than. When they're about to expire they charge you for the renewal as well.

Either way a non personalized plate is 69 bucks. Just depends whether you need to renew at that time.

Edited by kev211

I just bought a car (1994 Mazda Miata HELL YEA) and came --->THIS<--- close to buying these. I ultimately chose not to because a) I would have to mail a money order to Springfield, risking a Kafkasque experience with the Mother Of All Bureaucracies and b) I had been driving for 3 days without any plates and just wanted to walk out of the DMV with some.

Now that I'm all set I'll probably do this in the next few months. I did want the plates to read RAMPAGE but apparently that's taken.

I just renewed my plates. I had a bunch of expenses coming up, so I couldn't foot the bill for what the renewal + new plates was going to cost. I do want these though (even if it's like $40 extra a year) and they would look sweet on my gray and silver Mini Cooper.

• 2 years later...